News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

"Network status: IP address not available. Please review FAQ. Reason: 00"

Started by shauntel_evans, August 02, 2020, 08:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shauntel_evans

THe subject line is a verbatim quote of what I have been getting all day. I set-up my obi 200 w/google voice in 5 minutes when I first recd it.

Today I tried to swap out phones and it has been disastrous. I've spent 4.5 hrs today and rare occasions when the PHONE LIGHT turns on, I get the msg above.

If anyone can solve this, I would appreciate it. BTW, is there a reset button on the device?

Thank you.

drgeoff

There is a reset button but you don't need it if the phone to OBi connection is working.  Dial ***8.  However I doubt you need it or that it will solve your problem.

The most likely reason for your issue is that the OBi is not connected to your router.  If so I would expect the power LED to be blinking. Check that both ends of the ethernet cable are firmly plugged in.  Power down router and Obi. Power up the router.  Wait 2 minutes before powering up the OBi.

I know you wrote "OBi200" but if you actually have an OBi202 those have 2 ethernet jacks and the "INTERNET" one should be wired to the router.

If still not working try another ethernet cable and plug it into a different LAN socket on the router.

Edit: corrected **8 to ***8.