News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Suddenly cant make a call out. get error: network status IP address not

Started by orange, August 08, 2020, 02:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orange

OBi202 Suddenly my phone doesn’t work. Incoming calls go directly to voicemail. I have a dialtone but after I dial the number I get an error message that says : “Network status IP address not available please review FAQ reason 00”

drgeoff

Quote from: orange on August 08, 2020, 02:11:45 PM
OBi202 Suddenly my phone doesn't work. Incoming calls go directly to voicemail. I have a dialtone but after I dial the number I get an error message that says : "Network status IP address not available please review FAQ reason 00"
The most likely reason is that your OBi is not connected to your router.  Dial tone is internally generated by an OBi.  Even without a network cable plugged in an OBi will give dial tone to an off-hook phone.

Check that the network cable plugs are fully pushed into the sockets at both ends.  Try another cable.  Try another LAN socket on the router.

If your OBi is an OBi202 or OBi312 note that unless you have made some specific change to its default config, you must use the ethernet port marked INTERNET.

orange

I try everything nothing work.I bought new adapter and the same message not working.I called my internet provider and they say is look OK everything.All the devices in my house working no problem with the internet.
Please, help.Thank you.

drgeoff

Quote from: orange on August 11, 2020, 11:23:17 AM
I try everything nothing work.I bought new adapter and the same message not working.I called my internet provider and they say is look OK everything.All the devices in my house working no problem with the internet.
Please, help.Thank you.
Your problem is between your OBi and your router.

Put a different ethernet cable between OBi and a different LAN socket on the router.  Disconnect power from the router. Disconnect power from the OBi.  Repower the router.  Wait two minutes and then repower the OBi.

orange

drgeoff

I assume that the OBi's power LED is blinking green.

If you have a typical home router and you have done as I suggested ie a known working ethernet cable from that router directly to the INTERNET jack of a brand new (unconfigured as it surely is because you have no means to configure it) and router and OBi rebooted then I am stumped..

orange

Thank you.Working now and I'm able to make outgoing or incoming calls but don't hear the receiver and the receiver cannot hear me.Please, help!How can it be fixed?

drgeoff

Quote from: orange on August 11, 2020, 09:16:09 PM
Thank you.Working now and I'm able to make outgoing or incoming calls but don't hear the receiver and the receiver cannot hear me.Please, help!How can it be fixed?
What did you do that fixed the "Network status IP address not available ..." issue?

orange

Network status IP address not available is fix thank you.
I'm able to make outgoing or incoming calls but don't hear the receiver and the receiver cannot hear me.

drgeoff

Quote from: orange on August 12, 2020, 10:42:37 AM
Network status IP address not available is fix thank you.
Please answer my question.  What fixed that?

orange

I fixed the problem when I do factory restore, delete the account from my obi devices, restart all of my network in the house and change the internet cable to obi, add the same device as new to my account and work now but I'm able to make outgoing or incoming calls but don't hear the receiver and the receiver cannot hear me.I hear only one click if someone pick up.If I don't pick up the call go to voicemail.Very confusing.