News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi300 There is no configuration menu for Voice Services

Started by Konrad, August 11, 2020, 01:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Konrad

As you can see in the picture.
Does anyone know the solution to the problem?

drgeoff

How did you obtain that OBi300?  Although it is not impossible to purchase them retail as an end user, they are more commonly supplied by Internet Telephony Service Providers who have them configured and "locked" to their own services.

Konrad

Quote from: drgeoff on August 11, 2020, 02:56:58 PM
How did you obtain that OBi300?  Although it is not impossible to purchase them retail as an end user, they are more commonly supplied by Internet Telephony Service Providers who have them configured and "locked" to their own services.
I bought it on Ebay from this seller

Konrad

drgeoff

Quote from: Konrad on August 11, 2020, 03:29:37 PM
Do you think I should ask the seller for a refund?
Well, you don't appear to have received what I would have expected from that ebay listing.

You can try a reset to factory defaults though I would not be hopeful.  Dial ***8 and follow the prompts.

Konrad

Quote from: drgeoff on August 12, 2020, 10:34:18 AM
Quote from: Konrad on August 11, 2020, 03:29:37 PM
Do you think I should ask the seller for a refund?
Well, you don't appear to have received what I would have expected from that ebay listing.

You can try a reset to factory defaults though I would not be hopeful.  Dial ***8 and follow the prompts.
Thank you very much for your help
I also tried
1.reset to factory defaults
2.load the latest firmware
Nothing helped the device is locked
I asked the seller for a refund.

SteveInWA

For anyone else reading this:

Never buy a used OBi device from eBay, Craigslist, or any private seller.  OBi devices are usually just kept by their original owners, and only discarded if they break.  They aren't valuable enough to take the time to re-sell.  The units that are offered for sale are typically locked to a service provider, or are they are broken.