News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

my service is linked directly to google talk.

Started by preppystud, October 18, 2011, 02:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

preppystud

so if i don't answer the phone, people will hear a message such as this google voice user is not available, etc. is there anyway to change it to the regular phone setting, such as i can record my own voicemail setting?

thanks.

Everton

You can call your own GV number from your attached Phone to the OBi and you will hear your Voice Mail Box prompt:

Press the number 4 (to Change your Settings), Press 1 to change your greeting and follow the prompts....

Quote from: preppystud on October 18, 2011, 02:36:27 PM
so if i don't answer the phone, people will hear a message such as this google voice user is not available, etc. is there anyway to change it to the regular phone setting, such as i can record my own voicemail setting?

thanks.

preppystud

no. it doesn't seem to link to my personal greetings. it is link to the "google talk" greetings.

is this the same thing for everyone else? or maybe i haven't set my setting correctly?

jimates

Log into your google voice page, click on your phone number on the lower left and choose "voicemail and text" to record your greetings.