News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

BT 2182

Started by rlocone, August 12, 2020, 10:07:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rlocone

Hello All,

I have the 2182, I want to setup BT and pair it with a headset.  I'd assume since the device says built-in BT all I have to do is pair it.  Do I need the dongle for this device? 

Thanks,

drgeoff

Quote from: rlocone on August 12, 2020, 10:07:09 AM
Hello All,

I have the 2182, I want to setup BT and pair it with a headset.  I'd assume since the device says built-in BT all I have to do is pair it.  Do I need the dongle for this device? 

Thanks,
Built in means the BT gubbins is present within the 2182.  External dongle is not required.

rlocone

Thanks, does anyone know how to pair a device.  I can't seem to get it to work.  I've a headset with my iPhone and it paired successfully.

SteveInWA

AFAIAK, Bluetooth pairing has always been a pain in the butt, regardless of manufacturer.  It's getting better, thankfully, with newer revisions.

You should be able to pair it via the on-screen settings menu on the phone.  First, enable Bluetooth, then pair your device (this assumes you remember how to put your headset into pairing mode).