News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Voicemail through my Base phone

Started by PresentStructure, August 13, 2020, 07:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PresentStructure

I have a regular base phone with answering machine feature: VTech IS7121, I want voicemail to go through this phone and have found the obiBT adapter does the job, how do i get voicemail without the obiBT adapter? Because i want my smartphone's phone number voicemails to go to the base phone when im outside of the bluetooth adapter's range: (outdoors). i linked my smartphone's phone number to the obi200 device just to make this work at google voice page.

does anyone else use obiBT to get voicemail to their base phone?

riomdr

Quote from: PresentStructure on August 13, 2020, 07:57:41 PM
I have a regular base phone with answering machine feature: VTech IS7121, I want voicemail to go through this phone and have found the obiBT adapter does the job, how do i get voicemail without the obiBT adapter? Because i want my smartphone's phone number voicemails to go to the base phone when im outside of the bluetooth adapter's range: (outdoors). i linked my smartphone's phone number to the obi200 device just to make this work at google voice page.

does anyone else use obiBT to get voicemail to their base phone?

any take on this? Im having aol login the same scenario with my device

PresentStructure

hey, i have two ways to do this one easy one hard.
easy way: turn off call screening and have your contacts call your obi number.

hard way is transfer your obi number to be mobile phone number then transfer your mobile phone number to google voice.

porting a phone number to google voice has a one-time $20 fee. the hard way don't require having your contacts to change your contact information.

anybody who tries the hard way tell me if this works, because i'm assuming a serviceable number is what's making the voicemail feature work and the obiBT adapter is just transfering the serviceable mobile phone number over to the base phone.