News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Not able to setup LocalPhone on SP2

Started by sanxxx, October 18, 2011, 02:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanxxx

Can someone give detailed instructions on how to setup Localphone on obitalk as SP2. I keep getting error.

Stewart

Log into Localphone, My Account, Services, Internet Phone.  Scroll down to see SIP ID and SIP Password.

On the OBi, SP2 Service, enter these values into AuthUserName and AuthPassword.  Change X_ServProvProfile to B.

In ITSP Profile B, SIP, change ProxyServer to localphone.com

If still getting an error, report what is shown under SP2 Service Status.

sanxxx

Thanks. It is working now. Can you help me with one more thing.

I want to setup ObiHai so that
- all incoming calls com thru Google Voice,
- all outgoing calls to US go thru google voice
- all outgoing international calls to go thru LocalPhone.

How do I set this up?

RonR

Quote from: sanxxx on October 18, 2011, 03:13:21 PM
- all outgoing international calls to go thru LocalPhone.

Assuming LocalPhone accepts international calls as 011 + country code + number:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|<**2>011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

where aaa is your local area code.

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

Stewart

Localphone uses 00 as the international prefix and as of a few months ago, 011 was not accepted.

RonR

Quote from: Stewart on October 18, 2011, 04:19:41 PM
Localphone uses 00 as the international prefix and as of a few months ago, 011 was not accepted.

Then make these changes instead and dial international calls as 00 + country code + number:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|<**2>00xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|00xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

where aaa is your local area code.

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

sanxxx

I am newbie, so sorry if I am doing this wrong.

I click "Enter Obi Expert", and then "ITSP Profile A General". On this page I am not able to edit anything. What am I doing wrong?

RonR

I don't use the OBiTALK Web Portal, but you may find some help here:

OBi Expert Configuration (Introduction)

sanxxx

I tried using the ip (192.168.1.xxx) to make these changes. But when i reboot, the changes go away.

RonR

Quote from: sanxxx on October 18, 2011, 10:27:09 PM
I tried using the ip (192.168.1.xxx) to make these changes. But when i reboot, the changes go away.

You must disable Auto Provisioning or the OBiTALK Web Portal will overwrite your changes:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Auto PRovisioning -> Method : Disabled

sanxxx

I did that. It still doesn't save. Should I set the OBiTalk Provisioning to disabled to? It is currently set to Periodically.

RonR

Quote from: sanxxx on October 19, 2011, 08:46:14 AM
I did that. It still doesn't save. Should I set the OBiTalk Provisioning to disabled to? It is currently set to Periodically.

OBiTalk Provisioning is disabled by default.

With ITSP Provisioning disabled, changes made directly to the OBi should not be overwritten.

Are you clicking the submit button at the bottom of each page where changes were made before leaving that page?

sanxxx

In my device it was not disabled. But once I disabled that, it works alright.

RonR and Stewart, thanks a lot for your help.

RonR

Quote from: sanxxx on October 19, 2011, 10:10:07 AM
In my device it was not disabled.

Factory Default settings (i.e. all Default boxes checked) has OBiTalk Provisioning disabled.

Someone or something must have unchecked the Default box and changed the Method at some point.