News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

buy new Obi202

Started by skipro, August 17, 2020, 06:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skipro

Looking to buy new Obi 202 if needed, see post below. Availability appears limited.
Has Obi fallen out of favor? Has something replaced this?
The last one I bought was 2 years ago. What has changed since then?

What other similar options are available?
Been using this for years and have gotten dependent on it.

ProfTech

If you are not using Google Voice the Polycom 302 is supposed to be a direct replacement. If you are using Google Voice you are out of luck. Polycom no longer supports Google Voice. Seems like the Polycom devices may only be available from ProVantage and VoipSupply. Good luck

drgeoff

skipro

Has Obi use declined significantly recently? If so, why?
Is GV no longer supported with new equipment?

SteveInWA

Quote from: ProfTech on August 18, 2020, 12:30:36 AM
If you are not using Google Voice the Polycom 302 is supposed to be a direct replacement. If you are using Google Voice you are out of luck. Polycom no longer supports Google Voice. Seems like the Polycom devices may only be available from ProVantage and VoipSupply. Good luck

That's not correct.  The company is now "Poly" after the merger with Plantronics, and no, they have not made any announcements regarding EOL for the Google Voice-compatible models.

There are apparently supply chain problems, but no proof of your assertion.

OBiSupport

Hello OBi Users (and folks wanting to be OBi Users),

For the past several weeks, we have been working to remedy the constrained supply issues at Amazon.com as well as working to bring additional on-line merchants with available inventory of OBi200, OBi202, OBi212, OBiWiFi5G and OBi phones. 

On behalf of our marketplace partner, we apologize for the lack of supply (we have plenty in our warehouse) and are working to get the situation fixed asap.

Thank you for your interest, your support, your patience and for being a customer.

OBi Team @ Poly

drgeoff

Quote from: OBiSupport on August 18, 2020, 11:47:42 AM
Hello OBi Users (and folks wanting to be OBi Users),

For the past several weeks, we have been working to remedy the constrained supply issues at Amazon.com as well as working to bring additional on-line merchants with available inventory of OBi200, OBi202, OBi212, OBiWiFi5G and OBi phones.  

On behalf of our marketplace partner, we apologize for the lack of supply (we have plenty in our warehouse) and are working to get the situation fixed asap.

Thank you for your interest, your support, your patience and for being a customer.

OBi Team @ Poly
Would you please also address the lack of availability in other parts of the world besides the USA.

OBiSupport

First things first, but yes.

drgeoff

Quote from: OBiSupport on August 18, 2020, 12:02:03 PM
First things first, but yes.
Amazon sites in Europe went devoid of OBi items long before (more than 1 year) Amazon.com.  So "first things first" would mean restocking Europe before the USA.  :)

skipro

It appears there has been a scarcity of product for some time. Is this the first inquiry into the shortage? Is the demand for this product so low that no one noticed or did not care enough to ask?
I also do not understand a company with product in their warehouse not having it available for sale.
What am I missing?

SteveInWA

Quote from: skipro on August 18, 2020, 05:43:51 PM
It appears there has been a scarcity of product for some time. Is this the first inquiry into the shortage? Is the demand for this product so low that no one noticed or did not care enough to ask?
I also do not understand a company with product in their warehouse not having it available for sale.
What am I missing?

Your questions were already answered by OBi Support.

Eva_Muller

I also recently bought this model