News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Need help adding an Obi200 to my Dashboard

Started by BlueObi, August 18, 2020, 12:19:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndreiOBI

Have the same problem with a new Obi200 unit from the Amazon.

drgeoff

Quote from: AndreiOBI on November 03, 2020, 03:37:02 AM
Have the same problem with a new Obi200 unit from the Amazon.

There have been several posts recently from people having problems getting past the **5 nnnn procedure.  Can only assume there is a problem at the Obihai end.  If you can reach the echo test by dialling **9 222 222 222 there is nothing amiss with your OBi200 and probably nothing amiss with your connection to the internet unless it is via something different from a conventional residential xDSL/cable/fibre modem.

Raulya

Hello,

I am facing similar issue on my new Obi202 device which was never configured. I am trying to set it up for first time from India.
Issue -  Unable to add device. I am dialing **5 XXXX from Phone and this number gets sent to OBi Server but still my device does not get added in my account.

Can anyone let me know if this is possible to be done from outside USA ? Specially from India ?

Thanks

JimWin

In case this helps anyone, here is my experience.  I have an OBi202 adapter I had for few years as a spare.  When Verizon increased the cost of my landline, I decided to port my home number over to Google Voice.

• I dialed ***6 to check for a firmware update.  It said software update not available.  This was NOT correct in my case.
  • I dialed the **5 NNNN and a MALE voice said "the number you have dialed, **5 NNNN, has been sent to the server."  It would then time out each and every time I tried over multiple days.  The echo test always worked.
  • Finally, I logged into the OBi202 directly.  Web access comes blocked but you can enable it by dialing ***0, press 30#, press 1, press 1#, press 1 (to save).
  • Dial ***1 to find your OBi's IP address.
  • Enter the IP address into your browser's search bar.  Default username and password are both "admin"
  • Check the software version.  The latest, as of this post, is "3.2.2 (Build: 5898EX)."
  • Download the latest firmware if your device does not have the latest.  See this post: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0
  • Update the firmware by going to System Management | Device Update
  • After updating the firmware (if needed), reboot the OBi.
  • Try to add a device again in your OBiTalk Dashboard.

Of note, since I updated my firmware, all the OBi's voice responses are in a female voice instead of a male voice.

Taoman

Quote from: JimWin on January 05, 2021, 01:01:48 PM

Curious how you came to the conclusion that 5898EX is the latest firmware version? If you go to the link you posted you can see the latest firmware is actually 3-2-2-5921EX.