News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

no ring

Started by skipro, August 18, 2020, 01:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skipro

Calls come in but no ringtone. Line is connected to house line with multiple phones. None ring. All worked yesterday.
Primary and all phones connect to call, just no ring. Just started today, possibly last night.
Last night I changed which phone numbers go to Line 1 or line 2. Did not notice if rings stopped then.
I have checked all settings, I do not see anything amiss.
Again, calls connect, but no ring.

drgeoff

Quote from: skipro on August 18, 2020, 01:38:17 PM
Calls come in but no ringtone. Line is connected to house line with multiple phones. None ring. All worked yesterday.
Primary and all phones connect to call, just no ring. Just started today, possibly last night.
Last night I changed which phone numbers go to Line 1 or line 2. Did not notice if rings stopped then.
I have checked all settings, I do not see anything amiss.
Again, calls connect, but no ring.
Unplug the house wiring from the OBi and instead plug one phone directly into the OBi.  Does it ring on incoming calls?  If not, does the relevant LED blink when an incoming call is "silently ringing"?

skipro

Still no ring.  What is silent ringing? I have no silent ring LED on phone.
I am calling this phone [line 2] on another phone [line 1] in house. Standard call.
Line 2 with no ring is the line with a buzz, see post below, "Obi 202, buzz on line 2".

If I switch lines 1 & 2 at the obi, the phone, now on line 1 rings, while the other phone on line 2 now does no ring.
It appears to be an Obi box issue, line 2.
Can the buzz and no ring be connected to a box function?
I made no other changes to settings when I switched the lines setup in Obi last night