News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Bridging SIP soft phone to PSTN (solved)

Started by mmah, October 18, 2011, 09:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmah

I am thinking about purchasing an OBi110, but I would like to verify first it functions as desired.

I want to use the OBi110 to bridge a SIP soft phone on the local network to send outgoing PSTN calls. I want to do this without setting up a SIP call service; the SIP soft phone should be able to negotiate a SIP connection with the OBi110 without requiring a SIP proxy server. It is sufficient to forward all local SIP calls to the same outgoing PSTN number. From the device admin guide, it appears this should be possible by accepting SIP requests (adding to the access list) from the local IP address. Could someone please confirm?

Thanks.

QBZappy

mmah

OBiAPP+Softphone will do what you want.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

mmah

Can you provide a link to instructions for OBiApp that describe how to setup outgoing PSTN? The instructions for OBiApp seem to only be for communication via ObiTalk.

QBZappy

mmah,

If you got the OBiAPP and a softphone to work, dial **8 + tel number, to force the call out over the POTS.

If you want to avoid the **8 prefix you need to work on the dial plan to automate the call.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

mmah

Recap:

I was not able to get OBiApp and a softphone to interoperate correctly.

This is straightforward from an OBi110. After activating SP1 by providing a nonblank proxy server and authentication name, set the incoming call rule to li(phonenumber).