News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi2182 stopped fully functioning with Jabra GN9125 headset

Started by Logan, August 28, 2020, 07:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logan

Hardware:
OBi2182
Jabra GN9125 Mono Flex-Boom Wireless Headset
OBiEHS
Jabra LINK 14201-10

Background: I've had the above hardware functioning properly for 12+ months now without any issues.

Problem: Headset no longer functions properly with the phone. I can still talk on my headset and hear everybody on my headset. Everybody on the other end of the line can still hear me and talk to me just fine. The functionality that used to worked and has stopped working is my headset interacting with my phone whenever I lift it from the charging station, place it back onto the charging station, or hit the button on the top of the headset that tells the base to answer a call or hang up on a call.

Diagnostics that I've completed: Rebooted the phone by going to settings>reboot. Rebooted the headset by unplugging it from the 120VAC wall outlet and plugging it back in.

Questions: Any ideas on if this is software/hardware? If it's software, what can I do to troubleshoot? If it's hardware, which of the 4 pieces of hardware do you think it is? What's the best way to troubleshoot the hardware?

Any help on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Logan

Anybody have any ideas on this at all? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

SteveInWA

So, to be clear, if the EHS cables/dongle weren't attached, does the headset otherwise work properly (i.e. when you manually activate the headset, you get a dial tone, and when you are on a call, you can hear the other party and they can hear you)?  That's the hard part, as the Jabra headsets' setup is finicky.

If it's just an EHS problem, then the only setting involved is at "User Settings-->User Preferences-->EhsEnable.  It must be set to "Jabra DHSG".  Do this from the OBiTALK portal in Expert mode, and submit the change.

Logan

Thank you for your help and sorry for the delayed response. I didn't refresh this page until today. You are correct, the Jabra headset is fully functioning when I manually engage it. The only part not functioning is the EHS which was working fine for 12+ months before it quit working. To be clear, I had no tinkered with my phone setup for those 12 months where it was working perfectly. So we can rule out any setting changes performed by the user(me) or any shifts/movements/unplugging of the hardware with the phone. The phone hasn't left my desk or been tinkered with physically in any way.

I followed your directions to change EhsEnable to Jabra DHSG and submitted the changes. The phone rebooted and nothing changed. What's interesting is that the EHS previously worked and that EhsEnable feature was "disabled" upon my arrival.

At this point, I'm guessing the wire for the EHS is my problem and should be swapped out with a new one. Please let me know if there are any other troubleshooting ideas I could try first or if you agree that I should buy a new EHS cable to swap out?

Thank you for all of your help on this.

SteveInWA

I followed your directions to change EhsEnable to Jabra DHSG and submitted the changes. The phone rebooted and nothing changed.

Just to be clear, what do you mean by "nothing changed"?  Do you mean that it's still not working, or did the "Jabra DHSG" setting revert back to something else?  If the setting stayed at "Jabra DHSG", then it is probably a hardware issue or an issue with the Jabra headset base configuration.

I recall having a mysterious EHS failure some years ago, and I had to reconfigure the Jabra base's EHS settings a couple of times to get it to work, but I can't remember exactly what I did.

Knowing how expensive those two EHS cables are, I'd hesitate to buy new ones, but that's up to you, of course.  It would be great if you had a second phone to swap, to rule out the phone hardware.  Resetting and re-configuring the headset base would be free to try.

I'm sorry, but I can't think of anything else to try.

Logan

By "nothing changed", I mean it was working and then it stopped work. Between when it was working and when it stopped working, nothing changed. I did not tinker with any settings that would have caused it to stop working. I did not physically move/relocate the phone, pull on any wires, etc... that would have caused the phone to potentially stop working. As in, it randomly decided to stop working one day without any cause.

After you told me to go into the EhsEnable and switch it to "Jabra DHSG", I followed your directions and did complete that task. However, upon arrival, EhsEnable was set to "Disable". I found it interesting that that setting was set to disable upon my arrival since the EHS previously functioned properly. This meant one of two things to me: 1. the EHS previously functioned properly with that setting disabled or 2. there was some sort of software update, that I was not aware took place, that changed that setting back to disabled. I'm guessing it was #1 because I don't believe these phones auto-update themselves.

I appreciate your help on the matter. I'll work on swapping out hardware and post back my results once I figured out where the problem was at. Thanks again for all of your help.