News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi100 as a remote wifi phone jack?

Started by GnatGoSplat, August 31, 2020, 01:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GnatGoSplat

I'd like to be able to see Google Voice Caller ID on an old Olympia Infoglobe.  I currently have an Obi200 connected to 2 Google Voice accounts and it's connected to my home landline wiring.  However, there is no phone jack where I want to put the Infoglobe.  Can I have my Obi200 forward incoming calls to an old Obi100 connected to a Wifi-to-Ethernet bridge to turn it into a wireless PSTN jack for my Infoglobe, able to send CID info to it, without disturbing normal operation of the Obi200 and the landline phones plugged into it?  The Infoglobe can't make outgoing calls, so that's not even a concern.

Is there perhaps a better option?  Those old remote wireless phone jacks from GE, Phonex, Radio Shack, etc didn't get very good reviews and often still cost quite a bit on eBay.  However, old Obi100s don't cost hardly anything.

azrobert

Add the OBi100 to your OBiTalk Dashboard then it a simple OBi200 X_InboundCallRoute change:

ph,pp(OBi100_9_digit_OBi_number)

This Will route the call over the OBiTalk network to the OBi100

GnatGoSplat

Thanks, azrobert!  I'll keep an eye out for an inexpensive Obi100.

I think it's a much better option than a wireless phone jack as it seems like those were analog and if there was any noise, CID was the first thing to break.