News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Need help in OutboundCallRoute

Started by eli_OBi, October 19, 2011, 06:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eli_OBi

Current configuration:
sp1- Google Voice
sp2 - CallCentric

OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{911:sp2},{(<#:>):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Questions:
1. how do I setup my international long distance (011.....) to go to sp2 (CallCentric)?
2. did I setup my 911 to go to sp2(CallCentric) correctly?

thanks in advance.

eli

RonR

Your OutboundCallRoute appears to be correct.

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>):li},{911:sp2},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},
{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|<**2>011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

where aaa is your local area code.

Obvdobi

Quote from: RonR on October 19, 2011, 06:09:55 PM

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|<**2>011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

where aaa is your local area code.

I thought "**2" is associated with ITSP Profile B only. You showed me that it can be put in anywhere. Very intersting. Does it mean:  when **2 011 is dialed, it will go pick ITSP A (google voice) instead of ITSP B (default: callcentric), or ITSP A simply redirect **2 dialing to ITSP B?

So when the OutboundCallRoute includes <**1:>(Msp1) where Msp1 includes <**2>, this rule does not conflict with the later route <**2:>(Msp2)?

RonR

With the PrimaryLine set to SP1 Service, when you simply dial 011+, **2 will be added in the ITSP A DigitMap (creating **2011+), which will cause the call to be routed to SP2 by virtue of the {(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2} rule in the OutboundCallRoute.

SPx can be associated with either ITSP A or ITSP B based on:

Voice Services -> SPx Service -> X_ServProvProfile : (A or B)

infin8loop

And to really mess with our minds, with the "Default" check box checked (at this writing) setting for both SP1 and SP2 Service is X_ServProvProfile = A.  Perhaps there is a good reason for this, but I can't think of one.   

"This has not only been fun, it's been a major expense." - Gallagher

RonR

Quote from: infin8loop on October 20, 2011, 09:38:56 PM
And to really mess with our minds, with the "Default" check box checked (at this writing) setting for both SP1 and SP2 Service is X_ServProvProfile = A.  Perhaps there is a good reason for this, but I can't think of one.   

If both SP1 and SP2 are Google Voice accounts, they can share a single ITSP Profile (A or B).  The same would be true for two VoIP accounts with the same provider (just different username/password's on each account).

infin8loop

Quote from: RonR on October 20, 2011, 10:34:06 PM
If both SP1 and SP2 are Google Voice accounts, they can share a single ITSP Profile (A or B).  The same would be true for two VoIP accounts with the same provider (just different username/password's on each account).
Thanks RonR.  I actually thought of that scenario after I posted the message.  But it still seems to violate the one-to-one association.  IE: SP1=A and  SP2=B.   And what percentage of folks actually have the same provider on both SP1 and SP2 versus those that don't?  As a default, sticking to the one-to-one seems more logical to me, but that's probably just me.    I mentioned it only because it tripped me up.  I configured google on SP1 when I received my OBi.  Then later I added voip.ms on SP2  but missed and/or forgot to change the SP2 X_ServProvProfile from the default of A to B.  It didn't take long to discover it.. but it was annoyance.     
"This has not only been fun, it's been a major expense." - Gallagher

RonR

infin8loop,

I could make a strong argument defaulting it your way (SP1=A/SP2=B) or the way Obihai did it.  It seemed wrong to me at first also, and does trip a lot of people up.  My guess is they figured more people would put two Google Voice (or VoIP) accounts on an OBi than would one of each.