News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

911 options?

Started by yanksno1, September 12, 2020, 09:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yanksno1

Hi, setup a OBi200 and Google Voice yesterday and so far so good (besides no name on caller ID's). Looking for 911 options I can use it with that setup. I'm open to trying the PunchAlert $24.99/year option, but when I click on the Register button on their page it takes me to this one https://www.obitalk.com/obinet/ and for the life of me I can't find where to sign up for it. Am I missing something obvious? Are there any other E911 options I should be looking at also?

yanksno1

Taoman

I clicked on PunchAlert and it took me to the registration page. I assume you have an open SP slot for it?

If it were me, I would go for Callcentric's Dollar Unlimited plan and forward GV calls to that line. That would give you Caller ID Name (CNAM) for incoming GV calls @$1/month.
Along with that you'd get Callcentric's E911 subscription @1.50/month.
For both it would be $30/year.

yanksno1

It takes you to the registration page, but then the Register button takes you to the one I listed in my first post (that just has a $4.99/month plan). Yup, have 4 SP slots still open. That might sound like the way to go. Thanks.

Taoman

Quote from: yanksno1 on September 16, 2020, 07:27:53 PM
It takes you to the registration page, but then the Register button takes you to the one I listed in my first post (that just has a $4.99/month plan).

Do you have a popup blocker? This time I hit the Register button and a registration window popped up (see attachment). Seems to be working normally to me.

Regardless, I would still recommend going the Callcentric route. You'd get many additional features including some of the best robocaller deterrents available.