News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi1022 Pricing

Started by patlaw, September 14, 2020, 07:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patlaw

What is going on with Obi1022 pricing? I gave them away for Christmas presents last year. They were $53 each. Now they're $150 each. Will the price moderate when the supply is replenished, or is that they new price? B&H Photo lists them as discontinued, but they're still on the company website.

I hope they get back to former pricing. They are fantastic phones.

SteveInWA

What's going on, is that they are End Of Life/discontinued.  Whatever you still find on the web are likely remaining stock, used and/or broken.

The OBi 2182 is the most recent IP phone compatible with Google Voice. 

James44

Obihai OBi1022 IP Phone with Power Supply - Up to 10 Lines - Support for Google Voice and SIP-Based Services (Renewed)

OBi1022. $79.99.
OBi1062. 1 option from $134.45.

patlaw

Quote from: SteveInWA on September 14, 2020, 11:44:10 PM
What's going on, is that they are End Of Life/discontinued.  Whatever you still find on the web are likely remaining stock, used and/or broken.
Well, crap. I wonder how long our 1022s will continue to function. We were getting ready to buy a bunch of them before the price shot up and they became unavailable. I really wish Obi/Poly would publish more information on where things are going.

QuoteThe OBi 2182 is the most recent IP phone compatible with Google Voice.
That's a $150 phone. Does it work with consumer Google Voice or with Google Apps only?

I'm not in any way married to Google Voice since I learned about SIP through an infinite number of low-cost providers, but it sure was convenient for my friends to get Obihai phones to access their Google Voice numbers. I guess all good things come to an end.

SteveInWA

Quote from: patlaw on October 07, 2020, 11:14:00 AM
Quote from: SteveInWA on September 14, 2020, 11:44:10 PM
What's going on, is that they are End Of Life/discontinued.  Whatever you still find on the web are likely remaining stock, used and/or broken.
Well, crap. I wonder how long our 1022s will continue to function. We were getting ready to buy a bunch of them before the price shot up and they became unavailable. I really wish Obi/Poly would publish more information on where things are going.

QuoteThe OBi 2182 is the most recent IP phone compatible with Google Voice.
That's a $150 phone. Does it work with consumer Google Voice or with Google Apps only?

I'm not in any way married to Google Voice since I learned about SIP through an infinite number of low-cost providers, but it sure was convenient for my friends to get Obihai phones to access their Google Voice numbers. I guess all good things come to an end.

There's no "kill switch".  The 1022s will keep working indefinitely with SIP ITSPs.  There are no plans to shut off Google Voice support to the consumer OBiTALK devices (2xx and 3xx series, 1xxx and 2xxx series).

The 2182 works with standard SIP ITSPs and consumer Google Voice.  The newer, post-merger Poly VVX x50 series IP phones work with the business-class version of Google Voice for G Suite (and not with consumer GV).

The 2182 is a much better quality product than the 1022; hence the price difference, aside from the "closeout" pricing on the 1022s.