News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Calls not ringing on GV linked sprint cellphone when connected on OBi

Started by mansoor, October 20, 2011, 08:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mansoor

Hi,

My Google voice number is also my sprint phone#, when I dial my GV linked sprint number when its not configured on obi then I receive calls in my Google chat window and cellphone as well as other phones configured as forwarding phone. When I connect the same GV account on OBi, only OBi rings and no other phone receives call including my cellphone.  ???

I'm sure people are configuring their GV linked sprint phone numbers on OBi and able to receive calls on cellphone as well as OBi device but somehow this configuration is not working of me. Could someone please suggest me what wrong I could be doing? If I take OBi out of equation and use Google chat then it all works for me so that makes me feel there is something wrong with my OBi configuration.  ???

Thanks in advance for any help offered.
Mansoor

jimates

Once the Obi logs into the google voice account, it just takes the place of the google chat. The only thing that should change is the Obi rings instead of your chat.

ShermanObi

Hi Mansoor,

The cell phone always rings a bit after the Google Chat client (OBi or computer) starts to ring.

Callers to a Google Voice enabled Sprint number will first ring the active Google Chat client for about two (2) ring cycles (from the caller's point of view) when the caller is using GV and three to four (3-4) ring cycles when the caller is not using GV.

Please try to call your Sprint number again, but wait a few rings to see if the cell phone eventually starts to ring.

Thanks!

mansoor

Hi,

Thanks, I tried calling again and waited but its just ringing my OBi and no forwarding devices ring including my cellphone.

I'm going to reset the device and see if that helps.

UPDATE: After resetting and re-configuring my GV account, now its working fine, thanks for all the help.

Thanks,
Mansoor