News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI202 spontaneously quits - PHONE1 OFF-HOOK and LED blinks continuously

Started by theorbo, September 19, 2020, 10:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theorbo

Hello all, have been successfully using an OBI202 with GV since Dec 2019. All working well until it quit, seemingly out of the blue. We haven't made any changes to router/settings/etc. Power LED is steady and we have an IP address. The Phone 1 LED blinks constantly, with or without a phone plugged into the phone 1 port.

We've factory reset multiple times using the reset pin button on the bottom of the device, as well as through the device web interface. We have also tried plugging-in a different phone, but the result is all the same. No dial tone, no ability to use the * codes via the IVR to talk to the device, and the phone 1 LED continuously blinks.

From the web interface: Status / PHONE Port Status for Phone1 Port ...

State: Off Hook
LoopCurrent: 19mA
VBAT: 14V (11.4V)
TipRingVoltage: 0V
LastCallerInfo: --

Any idea if the device is defective? What else can we try?

Thank you!

drgeoff

If the Phone port status you've posted is without anything plugged into the port then your OBi now has a hardware fault and the only viable remedy is a replacement.

You should be seeing something like my attachment. That's from an OBi110 but will not be significantly different.

Was the phone always plugged directly into the OBi or was the OBi connected to house phone wiring?

Plug the phone into Phone Port 2.  Does it give dial tone?

theorbo

Hello - thanks very much for the reply ...

Quote from: drgeoff on September 19, 2020, 11:11:24 AM
If the Phone port status you've posted is without anything plugged into the port

Yes, the port status information I posted is with only the power and ethernet cords attached. There is nothing connected to either Phone1 or Phone2 ports.

Was the phone always plugged directly into the OBi or was the OBi connected to house phone wiring?
Plug the phone into Phone Port 2.  Does it give dial tone?

The phone has always been connected directly to the OBi. If I plug the phone into Port 2 the Phone 2 light remains dark (unlit) and I do not get a dial tone.

Thanks again for the suggestions and feedback. Anything else that I could try?

theorbo

If the Phone port status you've posted is without anything plugged into the port then your OBi now has a hardware fault and the only viable remedy is a replacement.

What's the easiest/best way to get warranty/replacement service?

drgeoff

Admittedly this is a long shot. Examine the Phone 1 socket carefully and check that none of its little contact wires are bent out of position and touching another or others.

Can't give you a definitive answer about warranty service but suggest you use the support ticket method. https://www.poly.com/us/en/support/contact/email-support#

theorbo

Quote from: drgeoff on September 21, 2020, 03:46:32 PM
Examine the Phone 1 socket carefully

Done that and unfortunately all looks ok in the phone1 jack. In any event, really appreciate your contributions and feedback here in the forum. I've reached out and opened a support ticket.