News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI200 rings once then goes to Google Voice mail if a landline calls

Started by jamesd1, September 19, 2020, 11:27:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesd1

Outbound calls are normal.  On all incoming landline calls OBI200 rings once then goes to Google Voice mail.  If I use one of my two linked cell phones that are linked and to which calls are forwarded my Google Voice number rings and can can be answered normally so only the OBI causes the problem.  Do not disturb is off, filtering spam is on.

Taoman

Are the incoming landline calls also numbers that are in your Google Contacts?

When the landline calls come in are both of your linked cell phones ringing also? Both of those linked phones should be ringing a few times before the call is ever routed to GV voicemail.

As a test, in GV settings disable forwarding to the two cell phones so the only thing you're forwarding to is your OBi device. Then make a call to your GV number from one of the landlines. What happens?

jamesd1

I discovered that key here was that the Tello cell phone service has a default set for voice mail that will result (if you are using an OBI/Google Voice type setup) in all incoming calls being sent to Tello voice mail after one ring.  This effectively completely disables incoming phone service on the OBI.  You can not change the behavior yourself but must email Tello support and ask them to turn off voice mail (you don't need it anyway if you use Google Voice)  for any numbers that you have that are linked to your OBI/Google account.