News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Constant Google Voice Issues - Calls that don't ring my phone, Call Waiting

Started by pianokeys, September 28, 2020, 08:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pianokeys

I've been an OBi 200 Google Voice user for 3 years but the reliability issue (xx% of Google Voice calls don't ring the connected Panasonic telephone) so I am frequently unaware of missed calls until I receive an e-mail notification from Google Voice.

I also have had constant issues with Call Waiting.  Sometimes I get a beep, and can answer another caller.  However, when trying to return to the original caller, I get loud static, and they are disconnected.  Then I get feedback from the second caller, telling me they were simply disconnected and didn't even go to GV mail.

To add to the problems, some of the time I'm on a call, I don't even get a beep, but hear a second call coming in through my open Gmail account.  If I wasn't signed in to Gmail, I wouldn't even know there was another person calling.

I so tired of all this, and Google doesn't fix anything. 

I have tried two different OBi 200 devices, including doing factory resets and reconfiguring SP1 to Google Voice.

Thanks for any help.
I can make and receive calls from voice.google.com on my Windows 10 desktop computer.  My ISP is AT&T.

Sheffield_Steve

Have you considered that the Panasonic phone may be the source of your problems?

pianokeys

Why would the Panasonic phone be the problem?  I know others who use GV, and they have Panasonic phones, either identical to my model, or just the next replacement model.

drgeoff

Quote from: pianokeys on October 04, 2020, 12:44:01 PM
Why would the Panasonic phone be the problem?  I know others who use GV, and they have Panasonic phones, either identical to my model, or just the next replacement model.
Why would the OBi or Google Voice be the problem? I know others who use GV, and they have OBis, either identical to your model, or just the next replacement model.

:)

Sheffield_Steve

i.e All the issues you have could be the result of a faulty Panasonic phone and you have had the same results with two different obi200's.  Try another phone and see if the issues go away.

I have used GV with a Panasonic setup for years and never had those issues.

Quote from: pianokeys on October 04, 2020, 12:44:01 PM
Why would the Panasonic phone be the problem?  I know others who use GV, and they have Panasonic phones, either identical to my model, or just the next replacement model.

drgeoff

Dial ***1 and note the IP address that is read out to you.  Put that address into a web browser and login.  Both username and default password are admin.

At the left had side click on Status.  Then click on Call History which has the last 200 calls in or out.  Are the calls which did not ring the phone listed there?

Lavarock7

Quote from: drgeoff on October 05, 2020, 08:46:44 AM
Then click on Call History which has the last 200 calls in or out.  Are the calls which did not ring the phone listed there?

This reminds me of the Bible quote "Many are called but few answer". (Sorry, a bit too much caffeine for me today. That is why I'm up after midnight).
My websites: Kona Coffee: http://itskona.com and Web Hosting: http://planetaloha.info<br />A simplified Voip explanation: http://voip.planet-aloha.com

drgeoff

Quote from: Lavarock7 on October 06, 2020, 03:53:21 AM
Quote from: drgeoff on October 05, 2020, 08:46:44 AM
Then click on Call History which has the last 200 calls in or out.  Are the calls which did not ring the phone listed there?

This reminds me of the Bible quote "Many are called but few answer". (Sorry, a bit too much caffeine for me today. That is why I'm up after midnight).
The actual words are "For many are called, but few are chosen." Matthew 22:14.