News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Auto attendant - outgoing calls fail

Started by Kcontzen, October 02, 2020, 12:23:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kcontzen

Thanks for any ideas! I've set up my obi110 with a phone connected to the FXS and the FXO connected to the an incoming line from a security system. The auto attendant picks up and I can interact. I have voip.ms set up as SP1. I can call my soft phone with the phone attached to FXS by dialing internal extension 101, or by dialing the 10 digit number.

I've tried to set up the auto attendant to have a hotline to either extension 101 or my 10 digit soft phone number. Neither works. With the 10 digit number I get 3 tones and "invalid number" message; with internal extension 101 I just get silence. I must be doing something wrong with the digit map or call routing??

My AA settings are:
DigitMap   (<:101>) or (<:xxxxxxxxxx>) with the x's being my 10 digit number.
OutboundCallRoute   {101:sp1} or {xxxxxxxxxx:sp1}
PrimaryLine   SP1 service
AnswerDelay   0
CallbackAnswerDelay   default
NumberOnNoInput   101 or xxxxxxxxxx

(I've had to do this rather than forward calls directly due to a nonstandard ring pattern on the incoming line where the OBI interprets each ring as a separate call with a hang up in between. So it has to answer right away and hold the line; with forwarding it's a game of chance trying to answer the call at a point where I'm actually going to connect rather than get a dial tone.)

azrobert

Hot line will not work with the AA. NumberOnNoInput will be sent to the digit map.

Try this:
DigitMap Default
OutboundCallRoute  {0:sp1(xxxxxxxxxx)}
PrimaryLine   SP1 service
AnswerDelay   0
CallbackAnswerDelay   default
NumberOnNoInput   0
Menu  &pause()
Menu Title  &pause()

Edit:
Did you try fixing the multiple call problem by playing with the PSTN Disconnect Detection settings? Try disabling all methods except one.

Kcontzen

Thanks for the advice!
The calls are now going through! But there's no audio. I can answer the call and connect on my soft phone, but no audio either way. Calling with the  phone attached to the obi does provide audio so it seems like something in the AA?

I tried playing with the disconnect settings but haven't had any success so far. Setting the ringtimeout to the longest setting helped, but just enough to make connecting go from impossible to 50/50.

azrobert

It looks like VOIP.ms has an IVR. Just have the IVR answer inbound calls. I'm not familiar with VOIP.ms, but Callcentric's IVR can answer a call with a greeting then immediately transfer the call to an extension. You won't have the delay associated with the AA.

Line InboundCallRoute: ph,sp1(xxx)

This will route the call to VOIP.ms and ring the local phone attached to the OBi110.

Kcontzen

Great idea! And it turns out that calls forwarded through the voip.ms IVR also don't send or receive audio to the security system. But if I forward it directly, I get audio and can send the DMTF tone. I just get the call/no call with every ring problem. Argh!
There must be something different about calls routed through an IVR.