News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Forgot the obitalk account for daughters obi. how to find it?

Started by RobertThompson, October 02, 2020, 12:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertThompson

Hello:

Many years ago I setup an obi for may daughter and provisioned it as a sub account on my anveo account.

Now she wants her own obitalk account.

I can't remember the obitalk account username or password that I used.

How can I delete the obi from the dashboard of an account for which I can't sign in?

Do this mean that it is not possible to transfer this obi to a new account?

Any help would be appreciated.

Rob.
Rob.

www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com

drgeoff

1. No, an OBi cannot be added to another Obitalk account while still on another one.

However you can do almost everything except configure for GV using the onboard web interface. Log in there and disable Obitalk Provisioning.

Also I'm reasonably certain that Obihai/Poly tech support have the technical ability to detach an OBi from an Obitalk account.  But I don't know if they will do that.  Try asking them.

2. Usernames of obitalk accounts are email addresses. If you make a list of all the email accounts you have ever created and can still access, try each of them with the "Forgot password" option at the obitalk.com login.

RobertThompson

Quote from: drgeoff on October 02, 2020, 03:20:50 PM
1. No, an OBi cannot be added to another Obitalk account while still on another one.

However you can do almost everything except configure for GV using the onboard web interface. Log in there and disable Obitalk Provisioning.

Also I'm reasonably certain that Obihai/Poly tech support have the technical ability to detach an OBi from an Obitalk account.  But I don't know if they will do that.  Try asking them.

2. Usernames of obitalk accounts are email addresses. If you make a list of all the email accounts you have ever created and can still access, try each of them with the "Forgot password" option at the obitalk.com login.

Thanks a million degroff, I had forgotten about that way of setting up an obi!

I thought I had a scrapped obi on my hands.

Thanks again,

Rob.
Rob.

www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com