News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to receive direct IP incoming SIP calls

Started by JaskHill, October 05, 2020, 07:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaskHill

Hi, does someone figure out a way to config OBI-200 to receive direct IP incoming SIP calls?

For example, in my OBI-200, I set up these:

ITSP Profile -> SIP -> ProxyServer: 127.0.0.1
    Voice Services -> SPn Service -> X_RegisterEnable: Un-check
    Voice Services -> SPn Service -> SIP Credentials -> AuthUserName: 12345

I am not sure how to do port forwarding in my router for this situation. So I simply put OBI into the DMZ zone.

Let's say my WAN IP is: 100.150.200.250. I tried to use a mobile SIP client to call this SIP URL - 12345@100.150.200.250. But nothing happened. OBI did not ring.

Looks like a DMZ is not exposing enough? Is there anything that is even more exposing than a DMZ? Shall I put the OBI in front of the router?

Could someone please help me?

Do I need to supply STUN server information to that SP for this situation? If so, how to do it?

Thanks!

azrobert

Assuming your dummy service provider definition is on SP4:

Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_UserAgentPort: 5063

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D -> RTP -> LocalPortMin: 17100
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D -> RTP -> LocalPortMax: 17198

The above are defaults.

You would call 12345@100.150.200.250:5063

You need to port forward 5063 and 17100 thru 17198 to the IP address of the OBi200.

JaskHill

It is still not working.

I think DMZ is a superset of port-fordwarding. So if I already use DMZ, then port-fordwarding is redundant.

If the caller is calling from a registered SIP account, say a CallCentric account, then the call can connect ( as verified from the caller's screen ), but there is no audio afterwards.

If the caller himself is also calling from an un-registered account, like from another OBI box, with the same set-up as that of mine, then the call cannot even connect, let alone audio.

azrobert

It's been years since I played with this stuff. I forgot that the OBi200 doesn't discover the public IP when the trunk is not register. You need to code it.

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D -> SIP
X_DiscoverPublicAddress: unchecked
X_PublicIPAddress: 100.150.200.250

I got the same result, no audio with Callcentric. After adding the public IP I had audio in both directions.

For OBi to OBi

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D -> General
X_SymmetricRTPEnable: Checked

I think this is for only audio. Maybe coding the public IP and this will work.

I can't test this. I have more than 1 OBI, but they are on the same network and that wouldn't be a valid test.

Edit:

DMZ opens your network to everybody, so I've never used it.