News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi212 Line to Google Voicemail

Started by tomwilley, November 21, 2020, 09:32:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomwilley

Hi Guys,
I have Google voice set up on my Obi212. What I haven't figured is how to have an incoming unanswered POTS line go to Google Voicemail and keep the caller ID
I did see another post, that forwarded the incoming call to a second Google Voice which then forwarded Beto the first Google Voice with the required voicemail.  That seemed to work but I lose the caller ID.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Tom

drgeoff

Quote from: tomwilley on November 21, 2020, 09:32:16 AM
Hi Guys,
I have Google voice set up on my Obi212. What I haven't figured is how to have an incoming unanswered POTS line go to Google Voicemail and keep the caller ID
I did see another post, that forwarded the incoming call to a second Google Voice which then forwarded Beto the first Google Voice with the required voicemail.  That seemed to work but I lose the caller ID.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Tom
One way is to use the relevant forwarding option offered by the POTS provider. Typically you can dial some code followed by the number to which you want the unanswered call diverted. In your case your GV number.  This will of course ring your OBi's phone for another 25 seconds or so until GV voicemail kicks in.

https://www.att.com/support/article/local-long-distance/KM1000582/ and click the "Show more" link.  But expect to pay for the forward.

tomwilley

The POTS line is physically in the UK. Having it transferred to the USA gets pricey.

azrobert

What I haven't figured is how to have an incoming unanswered POTS line go to Google Voicemail and keep the caller ID

Do you have to use GV VM? You can do this using a free Callcentric account. Email notification with an audio attachment is optional

drgeoff

Quote from: azrobert on November 28, 2020, 08:29:26 AM
What I haven't figured is how to have an incoming unanswered POTS line go to Google Voicemail and keep the caller ID

Do you have to use GV VM? You can do this using a free Callcentric account. Email notification with an audio attachment is optional
@azrobert

Please post details as this would likely be of use to others even if the OP cannot or will not use Callcentric.

azrobert

Quote from: drgeoff on November 28, 2020, 09:11:31 AM
Please post details as this would likely be of use to others even if the OP cannot or will not use Callcentric.

The following should work with any provider that accepts SIP calls

Get a free IP Freedom account:
https://www.callcentric.com/products/
Add Voicemail from the same products page

From the Callcentric Dashboard:
Click Preferences
Click Voicemail
Select the options you want
I use the short greeting
Save

Click Call Treatments
Click Add a New Call treatment
Select Voicemail
Save

OBi212:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D -> SIP -> ProxyServer: 127.0.0.1
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D -> SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID: Checked
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> AuthUserName: anything
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_RegisterEnable: unchecked
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_ServProvProfile: D

Physical Interfaces-> Line Port:
CallForwardOnBusyEnable: checked
CallForwardOnBusyNumber:  sp4(1777xxxxxxx@in.callcentric.com)
CallForwardOnNoAnswerEnable: checked
CallForwardOnNoAnswerNumber:  sp4(1777xxxxxxx@in.callcentric.com)
CallForwardOnNoAnswerRingCount:
Number of rings before sending to VM. CC VM adds 1 ring before answering.

Physical Interfaces-> Phone Port > CallWaitingEnable: unchecked

1777xxxxxxx is your Callcentric account number