News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice and Sprint: I answer my cell phone and home ph rings 2-3 more times

Started by etc6849, October 22, 2011, 04:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

etc6849

I'm using the OBi110 with GV as SP1.  I also have my Sprint number linked to my GV account so when someone calls my cell phone the OBi110 rings.

However, after I answer my cell phone, the OBi110 keeps ringing my home phones for an extra 2-3 rings.  Sometimes it's more like 5 extra rings.

I'm baffled because syslog shows this almost the instant I answer my cell phone:
"<7> FXS:Stop Tone"
"<7> FXS:Stop Ring"
"<7> RTP:Del Channel"

However, my home phones plugged into the OBi110 phone port do not stop ringing instantly...  Is anyone else having this issue?  Any work arounds?

Stewart

Possibly, your home phone system continues to ring for a while, after the ringing signal on the line has stopped.  If you have an old line-powered corded phone, try connecting it to the OBi (instead of your present system) and test.  Or, if you have a landline, connect your home phones there and see how long they ring, after the caller hangs up.

etc6849

Sorry, I have no land-line to test things.  I also do not have a corded phone, but this sounds like a great way to test things... 

I replaced my cordless phone today (previous one was a > 5 year old Panasonic) since I wanted multiple handsets any ways.  The new one might let one extra ring get through, but things are better.

I'm still open to ideas though, so please chime in if you have one...

bitstopjoe

When I first got my OBi in March after I used the phone connected to the Obi my home landline would ring... Odd. Then I went to my GV setup and unchecked my landline phone from GV ( as I had GV call my home phone when its number was dialed) and never had the problem again. Not sure if this will work for you but see if the phone which is ringing is selected ( checked) in GV and uncheck it....

Joe Sica