News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Configuring a Used Obi1022

Started by patlaw, October 07, 2020, 11:40:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patlaw

Because of the shortage and end-of-life status of the Obi1022, I purchased one used. It connects to the Internet, **9 222 222 222 reports that it connects, and **5 ####" reports that it is connecting to Obitalk. However, the phone never shows up in my Obitalk account.

Since the phone is used, it was almost certainly connected to someone else's account previously. If they sold the phone without removing it from their Obitalk account, am I out of luck? I bought it from a reputable company, so I'm sure I can get my money back, but I really want to use the phone, if there's a way to do so. We haven't done a factory reset yet, but based on some old posts I've read here, the factory reset will not solve the problem.

drgeoff

See http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=17520.msg105424#msg105424

However the expected result when trying to register an OBi which is still registered to another account is an explicit message telling you that appearing on your obitalk dashboard.  If you are not getting that then something else is going on.

HonestAbe

@drgeoff, I am having the same issue, "It connects to the Internet, **9 222 222 222 reports that it connects, and **5 ####" reports that it is connecting to Obitalk. However, the phone never shows up in my Obitalk account." I tried changing the DNSServer1 but that did not help.

Anything else I should be doing to get this device added to my Dashboard?

TIA

Metz1

The gadget is easy to arrangement and can be designed and utilized in minutes.

MySchoolBucks

PDX_Mark

One of my 3 Obis I got used and when I set it up I did a hard reset first.

If you look at the botom of the Obi200 you see a single raised hole  That is a reset. Use a tack and yo can feel a butto in there. Power up the unit while holding reset continuously for about 1 minute