News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Connect OBi110 directly to another OBi110 for calls over private LAN

Started by paulara23@gmail.com, October 22, 2011, 06:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulara23@gmail.com

Does atone know if 2 OBi110 connected over a Private LAN can make voice call to each other?

RonR

I have multiple OBi's connected on the same private LAN here and there's no problem calling between them.

Stewart

If you have two or more OBi devices on the same LAN, served by a correctly functioning router, which is connected to the Internet, you won't need any special settings -- just dial the OBi number of the other device you wish to call.

In the above scenario, some routers require special configuration in the router and/or the OBi devices; a few are completely incompatible.

If you have two or more OBi devices on the same LAN, either not connected to the Internet, or they won't be using the Internet connection, i.e. you are trying to build an intercom-only system, you will have to configure each OBi with a unique static IP address and set up a configuration where each points to the other(s).

If you have only two OBi devices on a LAN, you can set them up as a hotline -- when you pick up one phone the other will ring.

RonR

Quote from: Stewart on October 23, 2011, 01:28:19 AM
If you have two or more OBi devices on the same LAN, either not connected to the Internet, or they won't be using the Internet connection, i.e. you are trying to build an intercom-only system, you will have to configure each OBi with a unique static IP address and set up a configuration where each points to the other(s).

This would require setting up SIP support in each OBi and configuring Voice Gateways to initiate calls using SIP URI's, as the OBiTALK Service requires the use of an Obihai provided server.