News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI Setup

Started by LOCALMOTION, October 15, 2020, 03:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LOCALMOTION

Hello, I have successfully did the ObiTALK Test, but it still time outs.  I am in Cerritos, CA and have Charter Spectrum for Internet and Phone line.  I have a Nighthawk RAX45.  I have the OBi200 and the power is solid green, the data is flickering green and the telephone LED is off.  Thank you.   

martincom

I'm having the same issue.  I'm a new user and this installation is an OBi 202.  I cannot add device---it times out.

*I can successfully perform the echo test.
*I have changed the DNS to 4.2.2.2, as indicated in the self-help troubleshooting, with no change.
*I changed it from "router" to "bridge" mode as indicated in the forum with no change.
*I disabled SIP ALG as noted in the stickies with no change.

I also have Charter Spectrum, in MN.
The OBi202 is installed behind a TP Link Archer C2300.

techno.express

Quote from: martincom on October 16, 2020, 12:01:46 PM
I'm having the same issue.  I'm a new user and this installation is an OBi 202.  I cannot add device---it times out.

*I have changed the DNS to 4.2.2.2, as indicated in the self-help troubleshooting, with no change.
*I changed it from "router" to "bridge" mode as indicated in the forum with no change.

You might want to access the obi202 built-in webserver, check System Status. What port in back of obi202 you have the TP plugged into? Try changing ports and reboot.

If you had to change DNS, it seems your device not getting internet. The status page should show the DNS server coming from your ISP - Spectrum.

martincom

Quote from: techno.express on October 16, 2020, 12:48:06 PM

You might want to access the obi202 built-in webserver, check System Status. What port in back of obi202 you have the TP plugged into? Try changing ports and reboot.

If you had to change DNS, it seems your device not getting internet. The status page should show the DNS server coming from your ISP - Spectrum.

OBiTalk Service Status:  Normal (User Mode) (8);ex-addr=47.12.41.221:10000(10000)

The network is connected to the "Internet" port, not 'LAN".

The fact I can successfully make the echo call, and hear myself echo, indicates the unit is connecting to the internet and the OBi server(s).

techno.express

Quote from: martincom on October 16, 2020, 01:36:52 PM
Quote from: techno.express on October 16, 2020, 12:48:06 PM

OBiTalk Service Status:  Normal (User Mode) (8);ex-addr=47.12.41.221:10000(10000)

The network is connected to the "Internet" port, not 'LAN".

The fact I can successfully make the echo call, and hear myself echo, indicates the unit is connecting to the internet and the OBi server(s).

I meant the 'WAN Status' section. Do you have DHCP enabled, is it showing your local connected IP, and ISP DNS server address? D

Maybe connect the Spectrum modem directly to obi202 for testing. Might be the TP Link Archer C2300. Do a trace route. Most routers have that feature builtin for diagnostics.

Getting timeouts is connection issues from somewhere.

drgeoff

The posters mentioning "timeouts" should be more clear.  I think they mean that they are not succeeding to add their devices to their dashboards.  They dial the **5 nnnn but the system times out instead of adding the OBi to the dashboard.

If the **9 222 222 222 echo test is successful I doubt there is anything badly wrong with the connection to the internet.  It isn't rare for the Obitalk servers to go down for hours.  Such a problem doesn't get attended to over weekends.

martincom

I re-attempted to "add device" this morning and it was successful.   I didn't change any parameters.  The only thing that changed was the passage of time.

It is all up and working now and I have linked it to google voice, as well.

LOCALMOTION

Quote from: martincom on October 17, 2020, 06:29:08 AM
I re-attempted to "add device" this morning and it was successful.   I didn't change any parameters.  The only thing that changed was the passage of time.

It is all up and working now and I have linked it to google voice, as well.

Can anyone help me configure my Netgear RAX45 router?  Much appreciated. 

LOCALMOTION

Quote from: drgeoff on October 16, 2020, 03:54:57 PM
The posters mentioning "timeouts" should be more clear.  I think they mean that they are not succeeding to add their devices to their dashboards.  They dial the **5 nnnn but the system times out instead of adding the OBi to the dashboard.

If the **9 222 222 222 echo test is successful I doubt there is anything badly wrong with the connection to the internet.  It isn't rare for the Obitalk servers to go down for hours.  Such a problem doesn't get attended to over weekends.

Is there a thread where I can see how to set up the Netgear RAX45 router so the OBi200 will work?  Thank you.

drgeoff

Quote from: LOCALMOTION on October 19, 2020, 09:29:12 AM
Quote from: drgeoff on October 16, 2020, 03:54:57 PM

Is there a thread where I can see how to set up the Netgear RAX45 router so the OBi200 will work?  Thank you.
If you want to search a specific site use Google's facility to do that.  For example put

site:obitalk.com RAX45

into Google's search box.

It is almost never necessary to configure a home router away from its defaults to work with an OBi.

Please clarify what problem you are having.

ajzwilli

I have an OBI 200 that I have been using successfully with google voice.  However, google voice call screening was not working (wouldn't recognize me pressing 1), so I tried to do a reset of the device per something I saw on a forum. Now I can no longer get the device registered with Obi.
Here is what I have tried:
Removed Obi device from Google Voice
Removed all devices registered with Obi
Factory reset of Obi Device
Setting DNSServer1 = 4.2.2.2 (per Obi troubleshooting steps)
Firmware    3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX)

Under each scenario, the echo test works, I can access the device by typing in the ip address and I get "The number you have dialed **5xxxx has been sent to the server" every time I try adding it, but it times out.  I have tried about 20 times over the last 12 hours.  I see that some people have issue trying to register a device on weekends.  I'll keep trying, but is there anything I'm doing wrong / else I can try? 

Cudancp

I am having an issue setting up google voice on my OBI202 it was working but was tryint to change the number so i removed my config setup from obitalk web site and now I can not set up google voice it continues to time out when i send my **5 plus code

Does anyone know if OBItalk registration  is down ?

ajzwilli

After roughly 24 hours of trying, it finally registered

MSRobi

I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't add a device to obitalk.com.  I have an Obi202 ATA which I just received today. I plugged it in, I see have an IP address, I dialed **9 222-222-222 and I can successfully do the echo test.

I did ***6 and I get back "SOFTWARE UPDATE NOT AVAILABLE", I am guessing that means that I have the latest software.

I create an account on obitalk.com, and do "Add a device", I enter the "**5 nnnn", get the system acknowledgement that the number has been sent to the server, and then it times out in 120 seconds.  I tried 3 times and same thing.

Next, I get into my Verizon G1100 FIOS router, and I put the obi202 IP address into DMZ (essentially turning off firewall to device).  Still no luck.

From obi system configuration, my device has:
Software Version 3.2.2 (Build: 5897EX)
Hardware Version 1.4

I even tried changing DNS to 4.2.2.2, and still no luck adding the device.

Anybody have any ideas?  Do I just have to try again every 6 hours or so?  Is there a known issue with Verizon G1100 routers/firewall?

MSRobi

Correction...I have a Polycom Obihai OBi200 1-Port VoIP Adapter I purchased on Amazon.

MSRobi

Weird!!!  I logged out of obitalk when I posted my previous forum message.  I logged in just now to re-attempt to add my device, and the device is already in the dashboard.

I'm not having a good feeling about the reliability of obi200 - obitalk  >:(

J17tx

Also getting the issue. I actually had a working Obi200 and had to swap it out for a new one (long story).
adding device times out. I did check DNS: both 4.2.2.2 and 8.8.8.8 (google). no help. Echo test works.

exact same steps worked before. Since I still had the old device, though factory reset, I tried that and also getting the timeout.

It was previously working on this EXACT Same setup - same network, same cables, etc.

Can someone at Obi indicate if there is any known issue?

J17tx

got a reply from support. There is a server issue. Try again in a few days...
EDIT: tried today without changing anything further and it worked