News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

"we could not complete your call, please try again"

Started by BWMR, October 21, 2020, 08:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BWMR

For some reason, I am having an issue when I try to place a call out I continue to get the message "we could not complete your call, please try again." I can go directly to google voice and everything works great, but for some reason not through my OBI200. Any thoughts?

LTN1

Don't know why that happens from time to time--however, I find that a reboot of the unit resolves it.

BWMR

I have been resetting the unit over the past month and it would work but now it is doing it directly after I reset still. Is there some back end things to change?

Dygital

Experiencing the same thing.  Have to redial 2-3 times until it works.  Any changes with Google Voice??

tjsynkral

Quote from: Dygital on October 21, 2020, 10:43:10 AM
Experiencing the same thing.  Have to redial 2-3 times until it works.  Any changes with Google Voice??

Good to know it's not just me. What is going on?

glnz6

Same here, on each of an Obi 200 and an Obi 202.  Constantly rebooting using ***9.  I'm in NYC zip code 10023.
Really bad yesterday and today (Oct 20 and 21).
Both Obis connect to the same Verizon-supplied G1100 router, which connects to my Verizon FIOS 400 Mbps.  
My two GV numbers (one for each Obi) are area code 212 because I ported my old land line numbers successfully 2½ years ago and 7 months ago, respectively.
Speedtest.net on a connected PC shows great stats.  Ping as low as 3ms, and speed exceeding 400 Mbps.
And my PCs are working fine.  (Or I couldn't type this.)
Thoughts?

jjtricket

Same thing is happening here in the SE USA the last couple of days. After another try on the obi202 the call goes through.

Just some glitch with Google or Obi

Smee

Good to know it's not just me. I have been running into the same message for the last few days. Restarting the Obi200 doesn't seem to help and I can't reproduce it on the Android mobile app. If you dial the number enough times, the call eventually goes through. Almost seems like a congestion issue.

Smee

SteveInWA

I see that glnz also opened a new discussion post on the official Google Voice help community -- Thanks!

https://support.google.com/voice/thread/78397809

I had a few of these failures yesterday, but it seems to be gone now.  If you are still experiencing this problem, then please wait until Monday, and make some test calls.  The call logs need to be within 24 hours of your posting them.

Rather than post here, please do the steps below, so that we can collect call data from multiple users, so that I can escalate a case to Google Voice engineering.  The problem with these intermittent OBi device errors is that they are nearly impossible to reproduce and troubleshoot, so the problem needs to be easily reproducible, or at least, we need lots of example call logs.

• Post from the same Google/Gmail account that holds your Google Voice number, so engineering can find your call logs.
  • Include the last four digits of your own Google Voice phone number.  List each failed call attempt.  Include the date, time, timezone and last four digits of the number you attempted to call.  If you redialed and the call went through, include that fact.
  • State that you give Google Voice Engineering your permission to examine your call logs

glnz6

SteveInWa - Post on the thread I started on the official Google Voice help community?

https://support.google.com/voice/thread/78397809   ?

And by the way, the problem seems much reduced today (Oct 22).

SteveInWA

Note that I asked you to wait until Monday to collect and report findings.  That's because call logs expire and a weekend is coming up, when nobody at Google will be looking at the issue.

So, if it's still broken on Monday, fire away!  Thanks.