News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 - Take Second Call on App/PC

Started by jsegura416, October 22, 2020, 10:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsegura416

Hello, we just got our obi202 setup with no issues. Right now we only have one handset connected to it on Phone 1 port and it works fine. I have the google voice app on my iPhone and both my iPhone and Obi ring when I get a call.

But here's my question:

When I take a call on the handset and I get a second call. I can see on the handset that there is another call. It seems like when I'm in a call on the Obi, my iPhone won't ring if there is a 2nd call. Is there a way for it to be setup to ring my iPhone so that a second call can be answered through the Google Voice App?

Same vice versa. If I pickup the first call on my iPhone, then the Obi phone won't ring when a second call comes in.

New here, so sorry if this is not doable. I tried to search the forums but couldn't find anything.

Worst case, I guess we will just have to get another handset and plug in to Phone 2.

Thanks!

techno.express

Try changing the preset 2, under Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> Calling Features -> MaxSessions in "Advanced Configuration".

GVoice is set to handle two calls by default on the Obi202 device, another call just gets the calling waiting tone. There might be some other changes to get the second phone port to ring on another call. If anything you would need to test that whole process out to be sure.

There is nothing that can be done on the App, just on Obi202 device configuration.

I'm using a Obi202 GVoice to Asterisk/FreePBX setup, not really using the Obi202 phone ports for incoming calls.