News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi200 vs Obi202

Started by PDX_Mark, October 25, 2020, 10:46:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDX_Mark

Helo,

Recently bought an obi202 and loving it. I wanted to add a second unit and have the following question.

Aside frm the 2 physical Voice Ports , does the Obi200 still allow up to 4 Service providers?

I am just trying to determine if the Obi200 is all I need or another Obi202

Thanks

Mark

PDX_Mark

I see the "F....." manual, looking for a HUMAN confirmation of what I interpret.

That is especially true give the manual that you link to is a very old manual with Obi1XX and when Google Voice was XMPP!

nsne

I just bought one of the renewed 212s (which are in fact pristine open-box 202s) from Amazon to replace my 200. There was nothing wrong with the 200, as it happens; after 7 years, I was just itching for an upgrade.

Besides the Phone 2 jack, the only difference that I can see is that the 202 has some beefier router-like features, such as QoS. If you're not using the 202 as your primary router, I really can't see any of those features getting much use. All other features are exactly the same—including the 4 (max.) SP slots. In fact, I manually copied over the settings from my 200 pretty much line by line.

I actually wish there were 4x SP slots per phone port, making a total of 8. I've been paying SIP Sorcery $70/year just to aggregate some lesser-used SIP services with DID that I maintain in countries where I used to live. Would be nice to cancel SIP Sorcery and bring them in-house on a single device.

Anyhow, hope that helps clarify the differences between the two.

drgeoff

Quote from: nsne on October 26, 2020, 04:17:46 PMI've been paying SIP Sorcery $70/year just to aggregate some lesser-used SIP services with DID that I maintain in countries where I used to live. Would be nice to cancel SIP Sorcery and bring them in-house on a single device.
$70 will get you the RaspberryPi hardware to run a version of Asterisk PBX.  That will easily give you 8 SIP accounts.

http://www.raspberry-asterisk.org/

or

http://nerdvittles.com/?p=31977

PDX_Mark

@ nsne. the 212 has one phone port and one line port while the 202has 2 phone ports. They are not the same.

@ drgeoff , I already run asterisk and my question had NOTHNG to do with asterisk. Please stay on topic.

nsne

Quote from: PDX_Mark on October 26, 2020, 06:37:35 PM
@ nsne. the 212 has one phone port and one line port while the 202has 2 phone ports. They are not the same.
I realize they aren't the same. That was my point. What is being advertised as a renewed 212 on Amazon is actually an open-box 202.

drgeoff

Quote from: PDX_Mark on October 26, 2020, 06:37:35 PM

@ drgeoff , I already run asterisk and my question had NOTHNG to do with asterisk. Please stay on topic.
@PDX_Mark
I have free choice of whom I endeavour to assist. I have now enough observations of your behaviour in this and other threads to conclude that I will class you in the very small group of those I do not.

PDX_Mark

@drgeoff

Yes you would not want to have to deal with anyone that calls attention to the fact that you post off topic replies. People might think you have nothing better to do than post in forums. If I need help with asterisk I would ask about asterisk, and certainly NOT in an Obi forum.

dircom

With the 202, you can plug in two different phone systems and two separate people can have separate conversations at the same time.  You can configure 4 SP on each device