News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Callcentric and GV, having trouble with **2 with GV.

Started by JamesD, October 23, 2011, 02:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesD

I have Callcentric and GV setup on my Obi110.  I have Callcentric setup oas SP1, primary for outbound and GV as SP2. Problem I am having is whenever I want to use **2 to use to do and outbound call to SP2 the Obi device tells me, "there is no call route available to complete your call". Keep in mind all the configuration made to my device were used through the Obi website, not thru the device's webserver.
Also, I have Callcentic voicemail setup on my account. When I configured the service via the Obi website I checked marked the box that said "Enable Voicemail Notification". The problem I'm having is that the check mark won't stay on there. When I go back into Obi website into Callcentric SP1 I see it unchecked. Also I do have a voicemail but my phone's voicemail indicator won't flash. Also I made sure I ordered voice mail through callcentric and I have a new message waiting for me. Any suggestions? I also updated my firmware to the latest version with same results.

Thanks

RonR

Quote from: JamesD on October 23, 2011, 02:35:17 PM
Keep in mind all the configuration made to my device were used through the Obi website, not thru the device's webserver.

The OBiTALK Web Portal is currently generating corrupted OutboundCallRoute configurations which prevent making **1/**2/**8/**9 calls.

To solve this problem, log into the OBi directly at the IP address returned by dialing ***1.  Then set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute : (Default checked)

JamesD

Hi RonR,

I went to the ITSP Provisioning and set Method to Disabled. I then went to OutboundCallRoute and check disabled. I then click submit and I click reboot as prompted. I restarts and it's checked. Afew seconds later it reboots again but when I go back into OutboundCallRoute it is unchecked! I keeps reverting back to uncheck. I did this three times, as soon as I check the box, it reboots, settings stay for a few seconds then it reboots by itself again with the setting unchecked.

RonR

James,

Are you sure BOTH Provisioning settings have their Method's set to Disabled?  If they are, the OBi's other settings should not be reverting and the OBi should not be rebooting.

Make sure you're clicking Submit at the bottom of any page you've made changes to before leaving that page.

JamesD

I went to the menus as you stated:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning

and set Method : Disabled

This setting has not been changed. It's currently set to disabled. Is there another setting that needs to set to disabled?

I even went to "Auto Firmware Update" under Auto Provisioning and set that as disabled too. I made sure I click submit > reboot. I went back to Phone Port > OutboundCallRoute and checked the box, Submit > then Reboot. Same results.. Did I miss a step?

Thanks for your help..

RonR

Is OBiTALK Provisioning also Disabled?  It's normally ITSP Provisioning that's in control.

Other than that, it sounds like you're doing everything correctly but the OBiTALK Web Portal is forcing itself on you anyway.

RonR

If all else fails, delete your device from the OBiTALK Web Portal.  That will surely get it out of the picture.

JamesD

That's what it was, ObiTalk. Once I set that to disabled it kept from reverting back. Just to be in the safe side I left ITSP and Auto Firmware Update to disabled. Now I can use **2 with no problem.

One concern tho, I have setup Callcentric with 911 via the obi web portal. How can I make sure that dialing 911 will be routed correctly? (without actually calling 911 of course) :)

This is how it is suppose to be setup:

Callcentric > SP1 > All outbound calls and 911
Google Voice > SP2 > as back up for other calls, not 911.

Thanks again Ron!

RonR

Quote from: JamesD on October 23, 2011, 04:53:55 PM
That's what it was, ObiTalk. Once I set that to disabled it kept from reverting back.

It appears that in addition to the OutboundCallRoute configuration getting screwed up, Obihai has reversed the ITSP and OBiTALK Provisioning Methods.  OBiTALK has always been disabled by default and ITSP was the one that controlled provisioning from the OBiTALK Web Portal up until the last day or so.

Quote from: JamesD on October 23, 2011, 04:53:55 PM
How can I make sure that dialing 911 will be routed correctly? (without actually calling 911 of course) :)

This is how it is suppose to be setup:

Callcentric > SP1 > All outbound calls and 911
Google Voice > SP2 > as back up for other calls, not 911.

Make the following change:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>):li},{911:sp1},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},
{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

It's probably a good idea to actually dial 911 and make sure the call goes through.  Immediately inform the dispatcher that this is not an emergency and then verify your address and other information.  There has been at least one incorrect 911 configuration reported at the Callcentric end recently.

JamesD

Good thing I asked. What was on my obi device was totally different. I'm a noob at this but according to the old callroute that I pasted below does it mean that it was going to pipe 911 calls to li which is the line port aka landline?

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Also I figured out how to enable "New Message" indicator for Callcentric voicemail for those interested.

Assuming Callcentric is setup on SP1:

SP1 Service > Calling Features >

And under the following settings listed below, I unchecked the Default box, all three of them and then under Value check all three boxes.

MWIEnable   
X_VMWIEnable   
MessageWaiting

That's it, now it will notify when you have a new message waiting for you. This is my first day using the Obi110 so please correct me if anyone see's a mistake. Probably most of you already new this. :)

Thanks Ron! and everyone..

RonR

The original rule : {(<#:>|911):li}

sends 911 calls to the LINE Port.  It also connects the PHONE Port to the LINE Port if a standalone '#' is dialed.

'|' is an OR operator, not a 'pipe' operator as in Unix.

It appears you're off and running.  As you can see, it's not difficult to configure the OBi manually and you know for sure that things are being set the way you intended.

bobbobbob

My ( current ) problem is Real close to this one :

I'm trying out callcentric as a provider... as GV keeps dropping calls on me ( i get what i pay for i guess ).

- Callcentric works great as SP1 - configured it as the only line to test.. worked great for inc and outgoing.

- EVentual goal was to have Callcentric on sp1.. GV on SP2.

- setup CC on SP1 now.. and GV on SP2... Only GV works now... i can dial **2 and then my cell phone.. works fine calling it.. and i can call my GV number.

- Callcentric no longer works now.. i get a dial tone.. but calls wont work..

I tried the above settings on my obi110..... didnt seem to work.. no line status..

i set : System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

also set

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute : (Default checked)

The ITSP prov option Stayed... the Outboundcallroute did NOT.. and has not.

- I deleted the phone again from my ObiTalk.. and reconfigured it back in.... it says Connected under SP1 status...... Outbound call route did not stay on default.. even after removing the line and re-adding it.. ( and obviously bouncing the obi110.. ( a thousand times! :). )..

---- Am i even changing the right settings?..

should OBiTalk Provisioning be disabled?.. its currently on Periodically.

thanks for all the help.. jb

RonR

Quote from: bobbobbob on October 24, 2011, 12:52:25 PM

People have been reporting that having OBiTalk Provisioning enabled allows the OBiTALK Web Portal to overwrite your manual settings.  OBiTALK Provisioning used to be disabled by default and ITSP was enabled by default.  To be on the safe side, disable ITSP and OBiTALK Provisioning.

bobbobbob

Quote from: RonR on October 24, 2011, 02:15:40 PM
Quote from: bobbobbob on October 24, 2011, 12:52:25 PM

People have been reporting that having OBiTalk Provisioning enabled allows the OBiTALK Web Portal to overwrite your manual settings.  OBiTALK Provisioning used to be disabled by default and ITSP was enabled by default.  To be on the safe side, disable ITSP and OBiTALK Provisioning.

tyvm.. so do i need to force the change via OBi expert config?.. or is the web portal ok to use for it?... Damn this thing is tempermental :p..

if i want to use callcentric for outbound 911 services.. i would presume use :
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>):li},{911:sp1},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},
{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

i keep getting :

Register Failed: No Response From Server (server=204.11.192.31:5060; retry in 16s).. for SP1.. which is call centric... GV works fine.. ive totally remove the obi device.. re added it.. ive set ALL my expert options back to default... will that provisioning change fix that?.. i mean it Should work w/ callcentric as SP1..and GV as SP2?.. correct?

thanks for all the help.. didnt think i needed advanced telecom classes to configure this thing :p....

take care.!

JamesD

Hi Bob!

I'm not sure if you are new to Callcentric but have you tried taking a peek into you callcentric account to see if your phone is "Registered" ?

As your login to callcentric, click on the "Dashboard" tab and it should be displayed on the left hand side right above "Callcentric Directory".

Also check to see if 911 service is active on your account, which it is displayed on the right hand side of the same page.

bobbobbob

Hi JAmes,

Yes just signed up for CC today.. I made a call on it for about 60 min all was fine.. CC was the only voip on my obi110 at that time.. i deleted GV to put that on there.. as i wanted GV on SP2 and CC on SP1

it Stopped working ( it being Callcentric ) as soon as i put GV on as SP2...

im now getting : SP1 Service Status
Parameter Name   Value   
Status   Register Failed: No Response From Server (server=204.11.192.23:5060; retrying)

again this is ONLY when i have 2 voip's running.. SP1 = Callcentric.. SP2 = GV

i remove my obi device.. re add it.. thus Clearing ALL sp's.. then i add back.. and ONLY add back CC... works fine.. after 12 reboots of the thing... I then Again add GV... it borks out w/

SP1 Service Status
Parameter Name   Value   
Status   Register Failed: No Response From Server (server=204.11.192.23:5060; retrying)

bobbobbob

im gonna open my own thread.. i dont want to Hijack this guys thread any more than i have to... i was just hoping his resolution would help me.. as the issues seem Very close.

RonR

bobbobbob,

The OBiTALK Web Portal appears to be acting up lately and generating corrupt configurations.

You can configure the OBi directly by logging into the IP address returned by dialing ***1 and setting (from factory defaults):

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method: Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method: Disabled

SIP on SP1:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> Name : (provider name)
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> SIP -> ProxyServer : (proxy server)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : (sip username)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthPassword : (sip password)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> CallerIDName : (callerid name)

Google Voice on SP2:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> Name : Google Voice
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> SignalingProtocol : Google Voice
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : (Google Voice username)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthPassword : (Google Voice password)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_SkipCallScreening : (checked)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : (SP1 Service or SP2 Service)

JamesD

Hi Bob

I did some screen caps of the settings that are working perfectly with Callcentric. I attached them to this reply, hope this works seeing it's the first time I'm uploading pics on here. :)

bobbobbob

Thanks for the help James.. appreciate it..

Everything you posted looks the same.. Except.. the digi map....

this is mine :
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1763>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

Although its kinda a moot point atm.. I did what i "Think" is reseting the obi110.. and tried Just getting Callcentric back working.. but i seem to be going in and out of connectivity....

SP1 Service Status
Parameter Name   Value   
Status   Register Failed: No Response From Server (server=204.11.192.35:5060; retrying)

is what im getting.. i dont know if this is part of the corrupt config stuff thats going on or not...... i have a ticket open w/ callcentric.. they seem to have VEry quick and responsive tech support.. they asked me to submit the Whole config i have for my obi110... There isnt a way to port the config to a txt file.. is there?.. that would be awesome... im having to send them saves of each page for them to look at..

so right now.. im not even bothering w/ GV as SP2.. im just trying to get callcentric to work again :p... CripeS! :)