News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unable to register new OBi200 with Google Talk

Started by Kfayej, October 29, 2020, 08:44:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kfayej

I have a new OBi200 and I'm having trouble getting it setup.  I have one phone connected to the OBi and the OBi is connected to the home network.  I can complete the 222 222 222 test from the phone with no problem.  When I try to 'add a device', I have 'I want to configure Google Voice on this device' checked.  I then press 'Next'.  I enter the **5 + unique code on the phone and I get a message saying that it has been sent to the server, but the screen never goes to the next step.  The OBi is getting an ip address (power light is solid green).  I connected to the OBi and tried changing the DNS servers to both 4.2.2.2 and 8.8.8.8.  Still doesn't work.  I also tried upgrading our router to the latest version and opening udp port 10000 to the ip assigned to the OBi.

Any other suggestions?

Kfayej

Apologies for the duplicate posts.  I was getting an error when I tried to post the original message.  I have since deleted the duplicates.

drgeoff

Quote from: Kfayej on October 29, 2020, 08:44:01 AM
I have a new OBi200 and I'm having trouble getting it setup.  I have one phone connected to the OBi and the OBi is connected to the home network.  I can complete the 222 222 222 test from the phone with no problem.  When I try to 'add a device', I have 'I want to configure Google Voice on this device' checked.  I then press 'Next'.  I enter the **5 + unique code on the phone and I get a message saying that it has been sent to the server, but the screen never goes to the next step.  The OBi is getting an ip address (power light is solid green).  I connected to the OBi and tried changing the DNS servers to both 4.2.2.2 and 8.8.8.8.  Still doesn't work.  I also tried upgrading our router to the latest version and opening udp port 10000 to the ip assigned to the OBi.

Any other suggestions?
The Obihai infrastructure that handles adding an Obi to a dashboard appears to be having problems.  There have been several reports similar to yours over the last week or two.  However most seem to succeed eventually.  Keep trying occasionally.

You might have slightly better chance if you don't tick the "I want to configure Google Voice" box and just attempt to get your OBi200 on your dashboard.  GV can be configured any time after that.

Mirza

I've been having the exact same problem. I turned off the "I want to configure Google Voice on this device." option but that doesn't help either.

NGwilton

Same issue here as well, tried the uncheck GV box and unplugged my wifi printer. I wonder if their servers are still down?

everlong

Quote from: Kfayej on October 29, 2020, 08:44:01 AM
I have a new OBi200 and I'm having trouble getting it setup.
I was in the exact same situation as you and did all the same steps (aside from opening up the port). I must have tried adding my device 30 or 40 times since yesterday and always it would fail and time out after saying my code had been sent to the server. I searched the forums and everyone said just keep trying so that's what I did and today it finally went through and linked up with my Google Voice number. Seems pretty dumb that Obi would let an issue like this go unresolved for so long on their end, but if you have some persistence then registering should work for you eventually.

howelldw

Keep trying back to back.  Took me about 20 tries for it to go through.  It's probably overloaded.