News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can someone explain how PunchAlert uses an unused SP?

Started by flyerhell, November 13, 2020, 09:31:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyerhell

Hi everyone,

I've had an OBI200 since 2015 and it's been great. I would like to add an E911 service to it. It looks like OBi partnered with PunchAlert for this. However, when I tried to add the service to my device, I was asked to add it to an unused SP. How does this work? If I'm adding the service to an unused SP, how will I be able to call 911 from the one SP that I'm using for calls?

Thanks very much! :)

drgeoff

Quote from: flyerhell on November 13, 2020, 09:31:34 AM
Hi everyone,

I've had an OBI200 since 2015 and it's been great. I would like to add an E911 service to it. It looks like OBi partnered with PunchAlert for this. However, when I tried to add the service to my device, I was asked to add it to an unused SP. How does this work? If I'm adding the service to an unused SP, how will I be able to call 911 from the one SP that I'm using for calls?

Thanks very much! :)
OBis have something called "OutboundCallRoute" which can examine the dialled digits and select which of the SPs (up to 2 on OBi100/110, up to 4 on Obi200/202/212/300/302, up to 6 on OBiPhones), the Obitalk network, the POTS line on an OBi110/212 or cellphone via Bluetooth is used for the call.

If you want the full nitty-gritty read page191 onwards of https://www.obitalk.com/info/documents/admin_guide/OBiDeviceAdminGuide.pdf

Arizona480

So if "I lose weight fast", I will be healthy enough to not need 911?