News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi 200 works for a little while an then goes to voice mail after some time

Started by kucharosa, November 13, 2020, 10:08:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kucharosa

Appreciate help on this. I have an obi 200 followed the sip settings see attachment. After reboot it shows registered and accepts incoming calls for an hour and then all calls after this time go straight to voicemail.

Sheffield_Steve

drgeoff

The screenshot is from the GUI interface of the OBi's onboard web server.  That is evident from the single column of tick boxes at the right hand side.

That would strongly suggest, but not prove conclusively, that the OP used the local configuration method.  If so and if Obitalk Provisioning was not explicitly disabled the observed behaviour is completely normal.

See http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=61.msg109#msg109

Sheffield_Steve

That's what I thought.  If you don't use the Obi dashboard, are there any other settings that need to be changed?

Would it not be better to delete it and use the dashboard?

drgeoff

Quote from: Sheffield_Steve on November 13, 2020, 11:14:52 AM
That's what I thought.  If you don't use the Obi dashboard, are there any other settings that need to be changed?

Would it not be better to delete it and use the dashboard?
Depends.  I have one OBi within arms reach as I type this. I configure it using the onboard interface.  Another OBi is many thousands of miles away.  I use Expert mode on the portal for it.

kucharosa

I did configure through obitalk as well. So is the fact that I have configured via obitalk dashboard AND the local configuration is causing the issue?

drgeoff

Quote from: kucharosa on November 14, 2020, 08:22:50 AM
I did configure through obitalk as well. So is the fact that I have configured via obitalk dashboard AND the local configuration is causing the issue?

As per the title of the thread I linked to, you should one or the other.  As the dashboard must be used to configure for Google Voice, many users stick with the dashboard.  If you choose the local configuration you must also use it to disable Obitalk Provisioning.  If it is notdisabled, sooner or later the dashboard (basic or expert) settings will be downloaded by the OBi and overwrite the settings made locally.

kucharosa

Thanks. I disabled auto provisioning locally so obitalk dashboard settings should take effect but no change it now goes to voice right away. By the way not sure if this makes a difference but I am using a Hitron modem from Rogers. Thanks for your continued help. Any thoughts?

Sheffield_Steve

If it was me.  I would start again.  Wipe out the config and use the "dashboard" to configure it.  This will ensure that the settings are all correct.

drgeoff

Quote from: kucharosa on November 15, 2020, 08:42:50 AM
Thanks. I disabled auto provisioning locally so obitalk dashboard settings should take effect but no change it now goes to voice right away. By the way not sure if this makes a difference but I am using a Hitron modem from Rogers. Thanks for your continued help. Any thoughts?
You have not understood!

Disabling "Obitalk Provisioning" is for when you want to use the local configuration method.  It prevents the portal dashboard from overwriting local settings.  If you want to use the portal dashboard to configure, first ensure that the "Obitalk Provisioning" setting (which is only on the local page) is "System Start".  Then use basic or expert mode on the dashboard to configure for your service provider.

kucharosa

Sorry slow on the uptake on that one. So I set it locally as "system start" so obitalk settings should be in effect now. Still no change.

drgeoff

Quote from: kucharosa on November 15, 2020, 09:38:57 AM
Sorry slow on the uptake on that one. So I set it locally as "system start" so obitalk settings should be in effect now. Still no change.
Anything you previously configured locally does not propagate to the dashboard so you would have needed to redo them on the dashboard.  Did you?  Also did you click "Submit" at the bottom of each dashboard page when finished making changes to that page?

And in case it is relevant.  The relevant local setting is "Obitalk Provisioning".  Not "Auto Firmware Update".  Not "ITSP Provisioning".

kucharosa

Did not touch the other settings just obitalk provisioning. still no luck

kucharosa

whatever i had in the local config i eneterd into obitalk, submitted and made sure all the defaults for auto provisioning were set to default except for obitalk provisioning which is set to "system start". Am I missing anything? I have attached the obitalk dashboard settings for freephoneline. SIP shows as registered not sure why its still going directly to VM

Sheffield_Steve

Did you do a complete reset of the Obi and then configure it?

Have you checked the settings at freephoneline?

Taoman

Doesn't freephoneline require KeepAlive to be enabled? What are the following set at?

Voice Services-->SPx Service-->X_KeepAliveEnable
Voice Services-->SPx Service-->X_KeepAliveExpires
Voice Services-->SPx Service-->X_KeepAliveMsgType

You may find the following of interest if you haven't already read it:

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/freephoneline-ca-free-local-soft-phone-line-lifetime-voip-821229/486/