News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi110 rebooting several times per day

Started by JohnB, October 24, 2011, 02:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnB

Since installing my OBi110, I have not been able to go more than 2 days w/o the unit rebooting. Several times this has happened during a call which is, of course, extremely annoying. The System Status page does not show a reboot code after any of these reboots and they generally seem to occur on incoming calls on both my landline and GV.

I have my Vonage Linksys PAP connected to the Line port and my Linksys WRT54GL router w/ Tomato 1.28 on the Ethernet connection. I am current on firmware (1.3) and have factory reset the unit and then applied my config changes all to no avail.

I have no problems w/ my Internet connection and the router indicates that it has been up and connected for much longer than the OBi.
Is this a unit that should be returned and replaced?

JamesD

Hi John,

I have the same setup as you do, I have a WRT54G running Tomato 1.28. I have two of the obi110 in two different locations and network and the other is connected to a switch and form my switch to my Cisco 1700 series router. I noticed that both tend to reboot at least once a day. Longest they seem to run without rebooting was 17hrs. It wasn't until I manually changed the configuration settings that it stopped rebooting.

Here's what you do, go to:

System Management > Auto Provisioning > ITSP Provisioning > Method >

Uncheck "Default" and set Method to "Disabled" from the drop down menu.
Do the same things for the following settings below.

System Management > Auto Provisioning > OBiTalk Provisioning > Method >
What this does is sets the obi to be configured manually, not through the obi website. I had changed these settings to solve a different problem but it seems to solve both problems, the rebooting.

It's a good idea to backup your configuration settings before you do any changes and keep them in a safe place. Never hurts to backup.

JohnB

I just thought I'd follow up on the resolution to this problem in case it helps anyone else.
OBi tech support was superb in monitoring my setup (including installing what was apparently an instrumented/debug version of firmware 1.3. They determined that noise from my Linksys PAP2 (Vonage) was probably the culprit. I order a newer Vonage box (VDV22) from eBay and since activating and installing it, I have had no further reboot issues. In addition, Vonage generously comped me not only more that I had paid for the new adapter but a free month's service as well!