News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

can't add device to obitalk portal

Started by aronroth, November 19, 2020, 04:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aronroth

I've done this many times before with no problem.
I've just bought a band new obi200, and try to enter the **5 code to add it to my obitalk dashbaord.
I hear the message "the code has been sent to the service provider", but then nothing happens and after 120 seconds it times out.

I can dial the echo test just fine.
I tried changing the DNS server, no help.

OBITalk server status is Normal (User Mode) (24);ex-addr=142.122.78.106:1029(10000)

Has been happening for over 24 hours now - is the obitalk server having trouble, or is this a problem with my brand new device (that i can still return). Anyone else having trouble?

SteveInWA

If you read other posts here, you will see that the OBiTALK portal is having major problems registering devices.

I'd recommend you contact them for support, since nobody here can do anything about it.

https://www.poly.com/us/en/support/contact/email-support#

aronroth

OK, thanks - I had found many posts but they were all a few years old, haven't seen any current ones.

update
lol - the last time i tried, I left the webpage counting down from 120 seconds as if the code didn't work, and when i came back 10 minutes later, the device was added

SteveInWA

Good to know  -- patience is a virtue in this case.  Thanks for reporting success.

Jbyrne

Tried again this morning.  registration failed, timed out.

I am using the following firmware.

SoftwareVersion   3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX)

I will keep posting until I have success.  I will also post back what I hear from obitalk support. 

I want to keep this thread going so people don't waste time modifying their home networking think it it their fault.

SteveInWA

In your previous post, you said "i came back 10 minutes later, the device was added."

So, why are you still trying to add it?

drgeoff

Quote from: SteveInWA on November 20, 2020, 10:05:10 AM
In your previous post, you said "i came back 10 minutes later, the device was added."

So, why are you still trying to add it?
Different poster.

pbgco

Same issue. I get dial tone, can try to activate...get timed out. Echo test works fine. frustrating issue