News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Two separate lines on an Obi302 from one SIP provider

Started by bcjackson, November 24, 2020, 05:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcjackson

I have a SIP provider with an administration portal I can use to add numbers to my inventory with them, and then route them to a destination.  I added two numbers to the inventory, and pointed them to the public IP address where my Obi302 resides.  I put server information for the provider in the ITSP-A configuration.

I configured voice services SP1 and SP2, one for each of the numbers.  The authentication credentials are stored in those voice service configurations.  When the device boots up, it makes two registrations with the provider.  I continued with some other configuration work and got it to this point:

A call made from phone port one to my cellphone completes on my cell, and caller ID shown is correct (i.e. for the first of my two numbers).  A call made from phone port two completes just the same, but shows the caller ID of the second of my two numbers.  So, outbound calls work as hoped.

I want inbound calls to be routed according to which number was dialed.  If somebody calls the first of my numbers, I want phone port one to ring.  If somebody call the second of my numbers, I want phone port to to ring.  My intent is for these two lines to be completely unrelated to each other other than they are sourced by the same SIP provider, and terminated on the same Obi302.

I simply cannot manage to get this to happen.  Any calls to either of my numbers cause phone port one to ring.  Where and how do I tweak the configuration of this Obi302 to make the inbound call routing that I seek actually happen?

BTW, I'm not using the Obitalk website where you can enroll multiple devices for configuration.  I'm doing all my work by simply logging into the Obi 302's web interface and configuring everything directly.  That's the way I want to do it.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Taoman

Post the following two settings and you'll probably gain some insight.

Voice Services-->SP1 Service-->X_InboundCallRoute

Voice Services-->SP2 Service-->X_InboundCallRoute

bcjackson

Here are those values:

Voice Services-->SP1 Service-->X_InboundCallRoute  ph

Voice Services-->SP2 Service-->X_InboundCallRoute  ph2

It almost seems that for some reason the Obi302 doesn't actually seem to identify the number being called, so it just defaults to phone port one.

drgeoff

Quote from: bcjackson on November 25, 2020, 07:03:49 AM
Here are those values:

Voice Services-->SP1 Service-->X_InboundCallRoute  ph

Voice Services-->SP2 Service-->X_InboundCallRoute  ph2

It almost seems that for some reason the Obi302 doesn't actually seem to identify the number being called, so it just defaults to phone port one.
In the OBi's left hand menu click on Status and then on Call History.  Have a look at the Terminal ID line for calls to each of your numbers.  Do they show the appropriate SP1 or SP2 as expected or only SP1?

Your "I added two numbers to the inventory, and pointed them to the public IP address where my Obi302 resides." is not the most usual way of configuring. Who is your SIP provider?

bcjackson

> Do they show the appropriate SP1 or SP2 as expected or only SP1?

I'm looking at the most recent pair of test calls I made from my cellphone to the two numbers.  The calls look just the same in history.  On the left is says: From 'my name' SP1(my cell phone number).  On the right it says:
To PH1
Ringing
Call Connected
Call Ended.

drgeoff

Quote from: bcjackson on November 25, 2020, 08:56:32 AM
> Do they show the appropriate SP1 or SP2 as expected or only SP1?

I'm looking at the most recent pair of test calls I made from my cellphone to the two numbers.  The calls look just the same in history.  On the left is says: From 'my name' SP1(my cell phone number).  On the right it says:
To PH1
Ringing
Call Connected
Call Ended.
You ignored my second paragraph.

bcjackson

> You ignored my second paragraph.

So sorry, I did.  The SIP provider is NexVortex.  I have one number with them that's working on my PBX.  I just need a couple of other numbers terminated on a two port ATA so I have POTS service to provide to some items that need it.

In the NexVortex portal, I have the ability to request numbers, and then point them to the IP address where the terminal equipment resides.  The number I have on my PBX points to a different IP address than the two numbers I'm working on for this ATA.  NexVortex said that they include the identification of the number that was called when they send traffic to me about the incoming call.  Somehow, I need to get the Obi302 to recognize that information, and use it to route the call.

azrobert

Are you routing the call to an IP address AND a port number?

bcjackson

>Are you routing the call to an IP address AND a port number?

In the case of NexVortex, on their "Number Routing" page of their portal, I'm just putting in the IP address of the Obi302's WAN port.  It's just xxx.xxx.xxx.24.  I've never tried to put in something like an IP and port, such as xxx.xxx.xxx.24:yyyy, for example.  Just a moment, and I will see if their portal will even accept such an entry.  Yes, it is possible to enter such a destination string and save it.

If I do enter port numbers on the NexVortex portal, what would you recommend I put there, and then where in the Obi302's config. would I put the related information so that I could benefit from this tactic.  It sounds interesting.

azrobert

The port number you need is found here:
Voice Services / SP2 Service / X_UserAgentPort

The default is 5061, but that can get changed if you used one of the setup wizards.

When I route calls by IP, I use port forwarding in my router.

bcjackson

As an experiment, I put in number routing info like: xxx.xxx.xxx.24:5061 and xxx.xxx.xxx.24:5062 in the NexVortex portal for my two numbers respectively.

I then went into the OBi and configured theX_UserAgentPort values of 5061 in SP1 and 5062 in SP2, then tested.  I wondered also about the X_KeepAliveServerPort values.  They are both still at the default of 5060.

Testing with this trial config. shows outbound calls on phone port 1, and inbound calls to the first number work as desired.  Now, however calls involving the second number don't work at all.  When I call the second number from my cell, the cellphone reports busy.  When I try an outbound call from phone port 2, the call never completes.

drgeoff

You can also separate calls to your two numbers coming in on SP1 to the two phones by a modification to the SP1 InboundCallRoute.  Page 193 of https://www.obitalk.com/info/documents/admin_guide/OBiDeviceAdminGuide.pdf

SP1 InboundCallRoute {>1111111111:ph},{>2222222222:ph2}

substituting the 1111111111 and 2222222222 with the numbers that your ITSP is sending with the calls.

bcjackson

> SP1 InboundCallRoute {>1111111111:ph},{>2222222222:ph2}

This is looking promising!  I created the entry just like above in the form of xxxyyyzzzz, 10 digits as area code, prefix, & suffix.  It did not work.  It occurred to me then to just put a 1 in front of both of those so the strings as they are now 11 digits each.  That seems to get it.

If I had to guess, NexVortex is sending over 11 digits to look at, and things would not match and route unless I had the 1 in front to make those configured strings also 11 digits.  Still testing to look for other mis-operations.