News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Answer call on pots line?

Started by Trick, October 24, 2011, 02:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trick

A couple questions regarding a the pots line using the obi110. How do i pickup on a phone call already in progress on another phone using the pots line? I know i can dial **8 to dial out using that line, but how about accessing a call and switching to that line.

What configuration setting will turn off the pots line from ringing the obi110?

thanks for your help in advance

RonR

Setting:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> EnableLINEPortBargeIn : (checked)

will allow you to barge in on a LINE Port call that's in progress outside of the OBi by dialing #.

Setting:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> InboundCallRoute : {}

will prevent incoming calls on the LINE Port from ringing the PHONE Port.

Trick

thanks for the quick response...

I am unable to access the 'phone' settings under physical interfaces. I'm getting a webpage error. All other categories work and won't load the phone settings. I tried three different internet browsers and settings are not showing up.

Ostracus

Quote from: RonR on October 24, 2011, 03:08:45 PM
Setting:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> EnableLINEPortBargeIn : (checked)

will allow you to barge in on a LINE Port call that's in progress outside of the OBi by dialing #.

Setting:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> InboundCallRoute : {}

will prevent incoming calls on the LINE Port from ringing the PHONE Port.

You can also click on the "enable" to turn on/off the port.

RonR

Quote from: Ostracus on October 25, 2011, 09:28:17 AM

That's not true.

If he disables the LINE Port, he will not be able to "pickup on a phone call already in progress on another phone using the pots line" or  "dial **8 to dial out using that line".  The LINE Port will be totally unusable for any purpose.

Ostracus

Quote from: RonR on October 25, 2011, 09:44:34 AM
Quote from: Ostracus on October 25, 2011, 09:28:17 AM

That's not true.

If he disables the LINE Port, he will not be able to "pickup on a phone call already in progress on another phone using the pots line" or  "dial **8 to dial out using that line".  The LINE Port will be totally unusable for any purpose.

I was referring to the "prevent incoming calls on the LINE Port from ringing the PHONE Port." part, not the earlier "barge in" part.

RonR

Quote from: Ostracus on October 25, 2011, 02:56:12 PM
I was referring to the "prevent incoming calls on the LINE Port from ringing the PHONE Port." part, not the earlier "barge in" part.

Disabling the LINE Port will certainly prevent incoming calls on the LINE Port AND everything else having to do with the LINE Port.

Trick

I was able to access the phone settings today. obitalk settings was already checked on the barge in mode, so i tried the defaut setting and then that didn't work but then i switched the setting 'outbound call route' under phone port back to obitalk setting. I was instructed to switch outbound call route because i was unable to dial an obitalk number such as **9 222 222 222. I was getting the message "there is no service available to complete your call."

so now barge in works when i press #, but now i cannot dial a **9 number, but I'm not using that as of now anyway, mostly google voice.

thanks for the help