News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unable to use 3-way calling with Obi212 on PSTN line

Started by etinork, December 02, 2020, 06:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

etinork

My PSTN telephone provider provides 3-way conference calling as an option, and it works using a standard analog phone connected to the PSTN line.  When using the Obi212 connected to the PSTN line, I'm able to make and receive calls just fine, but I'm unable to use 3-way calling.

After I connect the first party, I hit the flash button on my phone, and try to dial the 2nd party, I get a recording saying "No service configured error"

Thanks for the assist!

azrobert

Use OBi expert to make following change

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port

Under Calling Features:

HookFlashHandling: Send Hook Flash to PSTN

etinork

I made the change you suggested, and it does behave differently now, but still no luck.

Now, in a call I press flash, I get a stutter dial tone that sounds like it usually would if there was voice mail waiting, but there is not. Once the dial tone stops stuttering, I attempt to dial, but the dial tone persists in spite of the dialing, and the call is not placed.

Thanks again!

wpsb

I'm having a similar issue. I have an obi 2182. When I'm on the phone and someone calls me (or I call someone else) sometimes I want to bridge the two calls. When I do, one of the lines can't hear me. The other one can. This is a new issue. I did not change my network so I don't know what would cause this out of the blue.

Joanie

Thanks foe the update and quick reply. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread. Looking for the same issue.