News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No dial tone, no button tones, but it still rings incoming

Started by mrcool1122, October 25, 2011, 02:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrcool1122

I have my Obi set up with Google Voice. It worked fine the first few days, then I ceased getting a dial tone when I picked up the phone. The key tones don't work either. I tried hooking more than one phone up to it, and still nothing. However, when I'm receiving a call, the phone will ring. When I pick it up, the phone stops ringing but the call isn't actually answered (my Google Voice cell phone continues to ring, and using it is the only way I can connect). Is the Obi just not detecting when the phone is off the hook? How can I fix that?

Stewart

In the OBi web interface, under Status, PHONE & LINE Status, what does Phone Port Status show for State, LoopCurrent, VBAT and TipRingVoltage, when the phone is on-hook?  When the phone is off-hook (attempting but failing to get dial tone)?

RonR

Quote from: mrcool1122 on October 25, 2011, 02:49:50 PM
I ceased getting a dial tone when I picked up the phone. The key tones don't work either.

A totally unconfigured OBi straight out of the box at factory defaults and not connected to anything but a telephone on PHONE Port should get dialtone and be able to dial the Configuration Menu (***).  If you can't do that, it's very possible you have a defective OBi.