News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't add to dashboard

Started by Wayne_for_Obi, December 09, 2020, 01:20:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wayne_for_Obi

I've set up 20+ Obi devices, from obi200 through Obi1062.

In the last week, the Obitalk system to add a device does not work.

1st device -- Obi200 -- was a branded Obi that was a working device disconnected from an account, reset, and then tried to add to another account.

The **5 xxxx method does not work. Times out, as though the receiving server never gets or processes the **5 sequence.

2nd device -- Obi 200 -- is brand new, branded Polycom, out of the box today, Dec 8, 2020, from Obi Technologies via Amazon. Same exact problem.

I never had these problems before Polycom took over.

Polycom needs to get their act together, rather than destroy what was a great service.

bradster

Does anyone have an answer for this???   My OBI200 is old, but I factory reset it and I'm getting the same response...the number has been sent to the server and nothing happens.    Help!!!!

drgeoff

Quote from: bradster on December 09, 2020, 05:09:14 AM
Does anyone have an answer for this???   My OBI200 is old, but I factory reset it and I'm getting the same response...the number has been sent to the server and nothing happens.    Help!!!!
The answer is contained in many recent topics in these forums.  Their titles give clues as to which topics.

LanMan

Dec 9th, 2020.....I am having the same problem. OBI200

I tried a device Reset, shutting down the firewall, and the **9 222 222 222 test. By the way the 222 test works fine. This is also not my first rodeo!!!

What's going on?

LanMan

Well I just read all the post about the registration server being up and down for weeks. I guess I don't need to tell anyone that this is not good. I hope they fix the problem soon.

LanMan

After trying for about 3 hours, I had some success.

My OBi200 has been added, but the Service for Google Voice SP1 has failed.

SP1     Google Voice     Service Not Configured

So now I am trying to add the Service.

I hope it works soon.... I am not a young man...

slennett

I have a few Obi devices including 200's, 202's and a 1062 for years. One of my Obi200's got flakey so I removed from Dashboard and factory reset. I had the same issues with getting it added back to my Dashboard that everyone else has faced as it took many attempts.

The bigger issue is that nothing can be configured to any of the service providers 1 - 4. It's not just GV. I tried CallCentric as well as testing out a local configuration to LAN based Asterisk extension. They either sit with "Configuring" until it times out and returns to "Service Not Configured" or goes directly to "Service Not Configured". I even tested a small change to a display name on a working device and it to is not being provisioned.

This just proves that the Obitalk provisioning server or devpfs server is not working at all. These are production servers and I cannot believe that these hosts / applications are not monitored where alerts would be generated and fixed within reasonable time. While Poly acquired Obihai, it does not seem to care much about their residential consumers and still only focus on their business brand.

Taoman

Quote from: slennett on December 10, 2020, 05:17:57 AM
While Poly acquired Obihai, it does not seem to care much about their residential consumers and still only focus on their business brand.

That's my take on things also. It's sad to see.

LanMan

Plus you don't know if we are just wasting our time trying and re-trying it for hours.

Has anyone gotten anything official from PolyCom???

slennett

One thing I can recommend is to start posting comments and inquiries on the Obihai twitter and Facebook pages. I have been in VoIP / Telecommunications / Unified Communications industry at the Service Provider level for over 20 years and the one thing I know is that in any major corporation, public visibility is noticed by media or investor relations and usually actioned on. I don't believe in social media therefore I don't have these types of accounts to do this myself.

What I will try to do is reach out to contacts I do have at Polycom however I am not sure if they will be able to help as they are on the Service Provider and Enterprise side of the business. Not sure if they can reach out to someone internally at Obihai or point me in the right direction.

drgeoff

Quote from: LanMan on December 10, 2020, 06:40:45 AM
Plus you don't know if we are just wasting our time trying and re-trying it for hours.

Has anyone gotten anything official from PolyCom???

If what is reported by marshallwcso in http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=17663.msg106071#msg106071 is an from an official source, it appears to be the only response from Poly.  

LanMan

Here is that post:

Quote from: marshallwcso on December 03, 2020, 06:27:38 AM
glad i'm not alone in this issue . i can't register my obi508.  obi rep said its been broke for 3 months and just keep trying.. they said they have no idea when it will be fixed. could be hours, days or weeks.

LanMan

Oh, My software release is:

drgeoff

Quote from: LanMan on December 10, 2020, 11:25:44 AM
Oh, My software release is:

That's fine and not the cause of your current difficulties.

where2

Same problems here. Initially, I thought the issue was something on my end. (I was using a fax/copier to do my **5 #### dialing). The brand new Obi202 device, out of the box would not configure to GV. It connected to the user's ObiTalk account once, but I stubbornly deleted it in attempts to get it to take the ObiTalk provisioning. Now, I can't get it to connect back to ANY ObiTalk account, not even my own which has multiple devices on it!!

I sent ObiTalk an email (yesterday), and got back a "canned" response that said try all these steps I had previously tried, and send us the OBI Number for the device. I dutifully jumped through all the hoops to no avail, and responded with an email outlining the of their steps I had gone through and the responses to each step.  I expect I will receive another canned email response, in a few hours.

Software 3.2.2.5921
DNSServer1: 8.8.4.4

HankL

First, try to disable your firewall.  Next open port 10000 (TCP/UDP) in your router.  I found that after my OBi device was added to the dashboard, the port could be closed.  Seems odd, but perhaps after the server registers the OBi device it no longer needs to contact it? 

I'm able to call out and receive calls via GV.  My router is a Netgear Nighthawk D7000 and I used port forwarding in the advanced setup.

where2

Disable my firewall?? (NO Thank You. It's not a firewall issue). I have half a dozen Obi phones in my office where I'm trying to setup an Obi202 for a co-worker to use... The firewall isn't magically blocking one just because it's new.

For others having this issue, use the brute force method: Hammer the **5 #### system multiple times each day with the checkbox "I want to configure Google Voice on this device." unchecked on the ObiTalk dashboard as you attempt to start adding the new Obi### device to your dashboard.

Once you finally get the new device on your dashboard: Use the "Google Voice Setup" button under that new device to try to build the handshake to your Google Voice account. "Accept" the interim popup, "Allow" the next popup, "Confirm" the last popup. Watch the "Configuring..." circle of death go around. Typically it will end in "Service not configured". If it ends in "Status: Connected", you're done.

Yesterday, mine kept ending in "Service not configured". After numerous results like that, I let it sit for ~24 hours, and the ObiTalk portal still showed the same "SP1 Status: Service not configured" message. Today, I tried to link a second Google Voice account to this device (as SP2) using the "Google Voice Setup" button, THEN my SP1 finally accepted a provisioning message from the cloud... I've managed to delete the provisioning and re-provision SP1 several times now. The real test comes when I delete this device from my dashboard and start from ground zero with the owner's dashboard.

slennett

It does look like something did get fixed. I am now able to configure SP1 - SP4 with GV, VoIP providers, and local extensions through Obitalk on first attempt which was not possible yesterday. I have confirmed Obitalk is syncing up with Obi's local web interface.

mrag

I spent 2 hours swapping ethernet cables, reading forum posts, etc. when I could not add to the dashboard even though the "test" **9 222 222 222 call worked.

I believe the answer is to keep trying.

This has been suggested elsewhere and proved to be the solution for me. I seem to be fine now with clear phone calls. YMMV, but give patience a chance.

marshallwcso

i have an obi508  the 8 line ata.   still no luck adding to dashboard. I've been trying for hours.  i have all ports forwarded as per instructions.  i have 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1 dns.  any other ideas. 

is there any other way to program this device.. any other voip provider for me to manually program on to the device.. this is for a Sherriff office and we need it for backup admin lines on a 911 system. They are breathing down my neck to get this thing going... I wish I didn't even suggest obi at this point.... so frustrating