News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't add to dashboard

Started by Wayne_for_Obi, December 09, 2020, 01:20:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

volkswagner

What is interesting:

I don't see any DNS requests coming from the Obi, which seems odd?
Is the Obitalk portal adoption server hardcoded via ip address?

gginsberg

I figured that I'd give a quick update on my device registration woes....

After waaay too many emails with support, Twitter DMs to the main Poly account and a supposed escalation, it appears that Obihai support CAN add a device to your account when provided with the "OBI Number," serial number, and MAC address.

Maybe if they had just done that initially instead of me having to prove over and over again that the issues were not on my end but with their seriously FUBAR'd systems....I guess it's easier to put the onus back on the customer rather than using tools that are apparently at their disposal.

If anyone wants to reference it, it was Obi/Poly case 28382150.

DebInMd

I've been trying to add my new device (OBI200) for two days now with no luck.  I've tried to contact customer support and still have not heard back.  I'll keep trying but if this continues I guess I will need to return the device.  This is very frustrating.

Taoman

Quote from: DebInMd on April 01, 2021, 07:29:08 AM
I've been trying to add my new device (OBI200) for two days now with no luck.  I've tried to contact customer support and still have not heard back.  I'll keep trying but if this continues I guess I will need to return the device.  This is very frustrating.

Not saying this will work but it's worth a shot as it's worked for some people.

When trying to add your OBi device, uncheck the box for adding Google Voice. You can add it later.

Then when adding your OBi device and it times out don't close that screen/window. Just let it sit as is and come back and check on it an hour or three later and see if there is any change.

1776Dan1776

Referencing the previous user's case # did not help me get registered (RE: manually adding the device on Obi's end).  However, I have found poly support responsive by filling out the support ticket on the poly support site.

It's nice that they are trading emails with me, but we're on 3 days of actively trying to get registered to no avail.  In the first 3 hours of trying, I exhausted all of the troubleshooting steps that could be on my end.

Does anyone else feel jipped that they sell a device that fundamentally does not work?  This problem seems like it could be a class-action lawsuit!!!  How many $50 devices are they selling that can't be activated?

LogHome

drgeoff

The portal seems even more borked at the moment.  I cannot get changes made on the portal to propagate to an OBi that is connected to my dashboard.