News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

HELP (please...)

Started by nico, October 25, 2011, 05:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nico

losing my mind trying to set this up - i can make calls with Obi but nothing rings [telephone attached to it does not  make any sound].  checked for volume, checked for proper setup - in obi dashboard i'm shown i am connected via google voice successfully, the chat box is checked in google voice settings for forwarding calls (and i am signed out of google talk/chat).  phone is connected to obi's phone jack.  and my phone is not connected to the wall (as i don't have any live line/jack).   

okay, not the top technician but did everything as instructed.  what am i missing... ?  have been glued to my desktop for the past 4 hours with no success.  any help would be greatly appreciated.  --nico

RonR

nico,

Run the following test:

1. Dial : **0

2. Select Option : 3

3. Enter callback number : 0#

4. Hang up

The Auto Attendant should call you back.  If your phone rings, it will confirm your telephone set is operarional and the OBi is capable of ringing it.  If you don't hear the phone ringing after waiting 10 seconds, pick it up anyway and see if the Auto Attendant is there.

nico

Hi Ron,

thank you for your note - tried entering 0# following option 3 once the attendant picked up.  it says "invalid pin."  and evidently, doesn't ring.

still at a loss. 

thank you for any other help you can provide.

nico

nico

sorry - yes, managed to get through - it rings back.  HOWEVER, any other number calling into OBI does NOT ring.  at all.

what am i doing wrong....? 

once more, any help is most appreciated.

nico

ShermanObi

@nico

Please take a look at this FAQ:  http://www.obihai.com/googlevoiceFAQ.html#12
Most likely, you have not yet checked the "Forwards to Google Chat" check-box in your GV Voice Settings.

Bet sure to cover all of the steps in this tutorial:  http://www.obihai.com/tutorial1.html

If after confirming you have done this, contact support@obihai.com and we will assist you.

Thanks!

RonR

nico,

My recommendation is:

1. Delete your device from the OBiTALK Web Portal (do not re-enter it).

2. Log into the OBi directly using the IP address returned by dialing ***1.

3. System Management -> Device Manangement -> Reset Configuration

4. After the OBi reboots, set the following:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> Name : Google Voice
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> SignalingProtocol : Google Voice

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : (Google Voice username)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthPassword : (Google Voice password)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_SkipCallScreening : (checked)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

Don't forget to click Submit at the bottom of each page before leaving that page.
Click Reboot in the upper right corner after making all changes.

RonR

Quote from: ShermanObi on October 29, 2011, 01:33:14 PM
Most likely, you have not yet checked the "Forwards to Google Chat" check-box in your GV Voice Settings.

Quote from: nico on October 25, 2011, 05:17:31 PM
the chat box is checked in google voice settings for forwarding calls (and i am signed out of google talk/chat).

nico

Hi Ron -

thank you for your response - the Google Chat is checked in the settings.  i have tried accessing the attendant for the callback - it works.  but when i use a regular phone to call the GV number, it doesn't ring.

i have also tried deleting the device and reinstalling it.

same issue.  i will try contacting you by email now.

thank you

RonR

Quote from: nico on October 29, 2011, 02:09:26 PM
i have also tried deleting the device and reinstalling it.

Did you follow the instructions I posted or did you reintall the device in the OBiTALK Web Portal?

nico

Hi Ron -

i followed the instructions.  did all that, step by step, carefully.

same issue.  i can make calls.  cannot receive.

attendant self-call works.  nothing else.

RonR

nico,

Then your problem has to be at the Google Voice end.  With only those settings from a factory default state, there's no reason you could make calls but not receive calls through Google Voice other than a problem at the Google Voice end.

RonR

One last thought, but it's an extremely long shot...

Have you tried temporarily connecting the OBi directly to your broadband modem in order to eliminate your router?  It's highly unlikely since you can make calls, but it's worth a shot.

Power-cycle both the modem and OBi after making the direct connection.

nico

Hi Ron -

modem and router = 1 box in my case...

all destroyed and disappointed...  can't tell you how many hours i've spent on this...

RonR

I've never heard of a case where someone could make calls but not receive them from Google Voice and it turned out to be  a router problem.

Have you updated the firmware to the latest? : 1.3.0 (Build: 2586)

You don't happen to have two Google Voice accounts and you're using the login credentials for the wrong one do you?

Stewart

Quote from: nico on October 29, 2011, 03:13:41 PMall destroyed and disappointed...  can't tell you how many hours i've spent on this...
Don't despair.

Get a free Callcentric account and set it up as SP2.  Confirm that you can reach the test number by dialing **217771234567 from your OBi.  Then, call a SIPBroker PSTN number and dial your CC account: *4621777xxxxxxx (substitute the last 7 digits of your CC number).  Your OBi phone should ring and you should be able to talk.

Next, get a free IPKall number and point it to your CC account (SIP Phone Number = 1777xxxxxxx, SIP Proxy = in.callcentric.com) .  Call the IPKall number and confirm that your OBi phone rings.

Then, add the IPKall number to your GV account and verify it.  Set up GV to ring that phone.  Call your GV number (from a phone *not* associated with your GV account) and confirm that your OBi phone rings.

If all of the above works, you'll have a workaround.  If not, we will likely learn where the trouble lies.