News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI200 is a ZOMBIE device - the calls are silenced

Started by AGOF, December 16, 2020, 06:17:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AGOF

I want to attract your attention to the fact that fact the the POLY devices no longer work with Google Voice.
the majority of the incoming calls are silenced. Below you can see the email I've sent to the POLY so-called support team:

Poly Team,

I was to let you know that your service is the worst thing I've ever experienced.

Either it's caused by the poor device or solution design or lack of professionalism - this is what I don't know.

Your FORUM is filled with the complaints of the users in despair, but you do just nothing. You simply don't read the comments about the problems - BRAVO!

Instead of helping customers you construct the absurd statements like:

"If you sign into your Gmail email inbox for a..@gmail.com, test outbound/inbound calls within your inbox and experiencing "some phone numbers are silenced, while others are not"...then the issue is your Google Voice service account. This issue could be at the Gmail email address a...@gmail.com, or the associated phone numbers, or both the Gmail email address and the telephone number having the issues.

Yes, similar case with this issue happens before but not due to the OBi unit, nor OBiTALK portal.  As mentioned prior, test outbound/inbound calls within your Gmail email inbox for that a..gmail.com for ""some phone numbers" that goes silence.

Another option is get another (secondary) Google Voice account (Gmail + telephone numbers), sign back into your OBiTALK account (www.obitalk.com), register this secondary Google Voice account at SP2. When SP2 becomes status "Connected", test all outbound/inbound calls with the same ""some phone numbers" that goes silence on you."

There is no issue with my Google account, because if there is one I would never be able to use your unmanageable device, but instead I can make all calls and can receive some calls.
How in general can I test the INCOMING calls with my Google account? Can you remotely connect to my PC and start the troubleshooting?
So-called another option is not the option at all - I don't have a second number registered with Google and I don't want to have the one.

When you'll finally start analyzing your own data you can find this publication in FORUM:

image.png

I've followed this recommendation:

image.png

It has slightly improved the situation, but I still have some numbers not being able to call me.

There are plenty of other parameters available in the Expert Setup - what are they for? Is there anything else useful to try?

In general, why do I need to rely on so-called "OBITALK Settings" and why are the Device Default ones not that great?

[/i]