News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Setting up Obi110 in Japan

Started by virus, October 25, 2011, 07:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

virus

I'm trying to setup Obi110 in Japan doing:
(1) Pass all calls to local line
(2) Use **1 to dial though SP1 (Google Voice) for U.S. calls

Here are the problems that I'm experiencing:
(1) Incoming local line calls are not picked up by the Obi110 (not ring and not in call history)
(2) 11/10 digit dials are passed through incorrectly to the local phone line

Stewart

Quote from: virus on October 25, 2011, 07:20:24 PM
(1) Incoming local line calls are not picked up by the Obi110 (not ring and not in call history)
In Physical Interfaces, LINE Port, try setting RingThreshold to 19.35 to 23.65 or RingValidationTime to 150.

(2) 11/10 digit dials are passed through incorrectly to the local phone line
Do you mean the number is getting mangled?  If you dial e.g. 03 4567 8901, what does Call History show was sent on the Line Port?  What number do you actually get connected to? Or, do you mean that you want those calls to go out on GV (even though you stated that you are using **1 for that)?

virus

Quote from: Stewart on October 26, 2011, 12:17:51 AM
In Physical Interfaces, LINE Port, try setting RingThreshold to 19.35 to 23.65 or RingValidationTime to 150.
I just tried that. Still no luck  :-[

Quote from: Stewart on October 26, 2011, 12:17:51 AM
Do you mean the number is getting mangled?  If you dial e.g. 03 4567 8901, what does Call History show was sent on the Line Port?  What number do you actually get connected to? Or, do you mean that you want those calls to go out on GV (even though you stated that you are using **1 for that)?
I mean the number is getting mangled when I tried to dial normally to my local line. I noticed that this is only the case when I'm dialing to mobile phones (11 digits). To be more clear, if I dial 090-####-#### or 080-####-#### the Call Histoy shows up as 00000033-090-####-#### or 00000033-080-####-####. Basically "00000033" is being added to my call.

Stewart

On the OBi web server, confirm that your RingThreshold, etc. changes have not been overwritten.  If you are modifying the config in the OBi web server, you must set the Method for both ITSP Provisioning and OBiTalk Provisioning to Disabled.  If that's not applicable or doesn't help, post details about the Line connection. Is it a real NTT analog line?  A connection to another VoIP device, e.g. part of your fiber service?  ISDN thru an adapter?

I'm really puzzled about the number rewriting.  Does it also happen if you dial **8-090-####-####?  Please post the contents of: DigitMap for the Line port, and both DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute for the Phone port.

virus

Quote from: Stewart on October 26, 2011, 04:02:35 AM
On the OBi web server, confirm that your RingThreshold, etc. changes have not been overwritten.  If you are modifying the config in the OBi web server, you must set the Method for both ITSP Provisioning and OBiTalk Provisioning to Disabled.  If that's not applicable or doesn't help, post details about the Line connection. Is it a real NTT analog line?  A connection to another VoIP device, e.g. part of your fiber service?  ISDN thru an adapter?
The suggestion didn't resolve the situation. I looked into the problem a little further and found out that the line actually uses both NTT analog and Yahoo BB VoIP. To be more clear, the setup goes NTT analog -> ADSL modem (I think here's where Yahoo BB is implemented) -> Obi110 -> Phone. Sadly, I have no details for Yahoo BB. Interestingly though, when the number for Yahoo BB is being called, the phone rings. However, when the NTT analog line is being called, it is not registered on Obi110.

Quote from: Stewart on October 26, 2011, 04:02:35 AM
I'm really puzzled about the number rewriting.  Does it also happen if you dial **8-090-####-####?  Please post the contents of: DigitMap for the Line port, and both DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute for the Phone port.
The line dials out fine when used **8. Here are more information:
DigitMap for the Line port: (xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx|xx.)
DigitMap for the Phone port: ([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))
OutboundCallRoute for the Phone port: {([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

RonR

I'm trying to setup Obi110 in Japan doing:
(1) Pass all calls to local line
(2) Use **1 to dial though SP1 (Google Voice) for U.S. calls

virus,

Try the following to solve your outgoing call problems:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : PSTN Line

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap : ([x*][x*].)

Stewart

Do incoming calls to both numbers work correctly, if the phone is connected directly to the Yahoo device?  If not, perhaps it's misconfigured, defective, or was never intended to combine the lines in the first place.

If yes, do they work correctly when the phone is connected through the OBi, but the OBi is powered off?  If not, I would suspect that Yahoo and NTT are presented as separate lines to a two-line phone.

If both numbers ring through the OBi when powered down, is there a different ring pattern for the numbers?  If so, please describe the cadences of both rings.

Slightly off topic, what per-minute charge, if any, applies when calling JP mobiles from the Yahoo service?  It might be less costly to use another route, which could render the problem moot.

virus

Quote from: RonR on October 26, 2011, 10:54:41 AM
virus,

Try the following to solve your outgoing call problems:

Hi RonR,

Thanks for the suggestion, but the same problem still exist. I'm still getting extra "00000033" in front of my outgoing calls, which only happens for 11 digit numbers.

virus

Quote from: Stewart on October 26, 2011, 11:40:13 AM
Do incoming calls to both numbers work correctly, if the phone is connected directly to the Yahoo device?  If not, perhaps it's misconfigured, defective, or was never intended to combine the lines in the first place.

If yes, do they work correctly when the phone is connected through the OBi, but the OBi is powered off?  If not, I would suspect that Yahoo and NTT are presented as separate lines to a two-line phone.

Incoming calls to both numbers work fine when (1) connected directly to the phone and when (2) connected to Obi110 with powered off. There is only problem when calling the NTT number with Obi110 on.

If both numbers ring through the OBi when powered down, is there a different ring pattern for the numbers?  If so, please describe the cadences of both rings.

As far as I can tell, there's no difference in ring pattern between the two lines.

Slightly off topic, what per-minute charge, if any, applies when calling JP mobiles from the Yahoo service?  It might be less costly to use another route, which could render the problem moot.

I have no idea what is the rate, but I won't be able to make any changes since I'm not the one paying for the bill =P. I'm starting the think that the situation is hopeless, so I might just go out and get a separate phone for calling U.S. Thank you for the help though Stewart. If you have any further suggestions, I don't mind testing them out either.

RonR

Quote from: virus on October 27, 2011, 03:16:18 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, but the same problem still exist. I'm still getting extra "00000033" in front of my outgoing calls, which only happens for 11 digit numbers.

virus,

With the following settings, there's nothing in the OBi that would be adding an extra "00000033" in front of your outgoing calls:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap:

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},
{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

virus

RonR,

I took your suggestion and doubled checked everything, but the problem still exist. I'm starting to think that maybe it has something to do with the phone that I'm using. I'll report back once I get a chance to hook it up with a new phone.