News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI508vs - how to fully reset

Started by misc40, December 15, 2020, 03:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

misc40

Hello, I'm trying to reset an obi508vs to default factory settings, when I follow the reset procedure I can login to the UI, but after a short amount of time it locks me out again. I think this is because it may be downloading some provider configuration.

How can I stop this config from downloading so I can setup the device myself?

Thanks

drgeoff

I'm not totally convinced that downloading something could be locking you out from the local interface but try this.

Temporarily disconnect your LAN's connection to the public internet. No way then that the OBi can download anything from outside your LAN.  Log in to the 508's local interface and do the reset to defaults.  Then disable ITSP Provisioning and Obitalk Provisioning.  Then you can re-enable your LAN connection to the public internet.

misc40

Quote from: drgeoff on December 15, 2020, 03:39:19 PM
I'm not totally convinced that downloading something could be locking you out from the local interface but try this.

Temporarily disconnect your LAN's connection to the public internet. No way then that the OBi can download anything from outside your LAN.  Log in to the 508's local interface and do the reset to defaults.  Then disable ITSP Provisioning and Obitalk Provisioning.  Then you can re-enable your LAN connection to the public internet.

Thanks i'll give this a shot!

misc40

That seems to have done the trick now, thanks for the assistance!

Is there anyway I can check that it will work with anyVOIP provider, not just the one which it was customised for?

Cheers

misc40

Quote from: misc40 on December 15, 2020, 10:25:20 PM
That seems to have done the trick now, thanks for the assistance!

Is there anyway I can check that it will work with any VOIP provider, not just the one which it was customised for?

Cheers