News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unable to add device OBi 200

Started by maruthi, December 23, 2020, 09:49:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadFirstDraft

Just to add insult to injury, on try # 120 or so, I looked away for a second, and when I returned it said "congratulations on pairing your Obi200, please click to confirm." I clicked to confirm and got an error message to the effect that pairing was unsuccessful!

I feel like I'm part of some kind of social science experiment to see at what point I either crack or return the device. . .

Telecomgeek

I am having the same problems adding a OBI2182 to my account as well.  It has been a problem for over a week.

jholme004

You guys aren't alone...factory reset my 202 last week for troubleshooting and haven't been able to get it added. At this point, I'll try a couple of times when I think about it, but I am past the hair pulling, head banging against the wall and loosing sleep over it.

(I did get that "error" after succeeding once.)
-Jason

Zhuo

omg, wish i saw this thread before i bought a new obi200... no one on obitalk side is fixing this?

jholme004

Quote from: jholme004 on January 29, 2021, 08:44:19 PM
You guys aren't alone...factory reset my 202 last week for troubleshooting and haven't been able to get it added. At this point, I'll try a couple of times when I think about it, but I am past the hair pulling, head banging against the wall and loosing sleep over it.

(I did get that "error" after succeeding once.)

I tried again right after this post and it timed out after me dialing the **5 code about 30 times. Haven't been on ObiTalk since. This morning, my Obi202 is there in my ObiTalk Account. I don't know what caused it, but if you've been trying, take a quick look to see if your device is there. With all the issues, it wouldn't surprise me if when it adds, it
doesn't always tell you.
-Jason

baoobi

Finally got it to work heres what i did. I went through the set up and didnt enter any code on the phone and just let it time out. then I did set up again entered in **5 code only once and just let it sit there for the whole 180 seconds and finally it said connected.

Perhaps my issue was that I kept entering the code over and over like the instructions said. Try entering it once then waiting.

osva

I'm on the same boat.  I have tried probably 50 times already. I guess I'll keep trying.
OBI202

Kaiburr

On my 3rd day of trying.  I've tried using the code once and then cancelling out after 15 sec to get a new code.  Repeated this maybe 30 times.  I've also tried using the same code over and over until the 180 second timer timed out and then I hit retry and begin with a new code.  Done this method for maybe 4 cycles.  No joy, only perpetual sadness.  Need liquid encouragement badly or better instructions/advice.  WTF

jholme004

I heard from Poly today and this is what they shared:

QuoteWe are working on our servers recently to improve the performance of our service. We have this KB article that is about issues that we are fixing https://www.poly.com/us/en/support/knowledge-base/kb-article-page?type=Troubleshooting__kav&lang=en_US&urlName=KB24053&t=All&k=

I've noticed their site "off-line" a few times in the last week, so hopefully this will be resolved soon.
-Jason

SteveInWA

Poly has performed two recent server upgrades, and another one is scheduled for Saturday 6 Feb.

It might be best to just wait until Sunday.

Meanwhile, they are now recommending that, as long at you see the "sent to the sever" message during the 180 second count-down period, you can re-enter the same **5 xxxx code again to re-send it.  Do not abort and request a new code, unless the countdown ends in failure.

cab123

Quote from: SteveInWA on February 05, 2021, 11:13:30 PM
Poly has performed two recent server upgrades, and another one is scheduled for Saturday 6 Feb.

It might be best to just wait until Sunday.

Meanwhile, they are now recommending that, as long at you see the "sent to the sever" message during the 180 second count-down period, you can re-enter the same **5 xxxx code again to re-send it.  Do not abort and request a new code, unless the countdown ends in failure.

Server upgraded, same result. Very frustrating.

osva

It just went through after 70 times.  I just entered the **5 code and waited for the last few times.

mbywaletz

Quote from: osva on February 06, 2021, 02:50:07 PM
It just went through after 70 times.  I just entered the **5 code and waited for the last few times.

Same Boat, just entered 40 times for over 2 hours. Still Nothing. I guess will try tomorrow.

cab123

I tried it at 1:30 am ET, but still no luck with this. Does it make sense to create a different account? Can't believe there isn't a solution.   

BobPo

I've been on Google Voice since its inception in 2009. It's been a rocky ride sometimes. Always found answers to my problems on the forum. Thanks mostly to SteveInWA. I noticed on Thursday the green phone LED on my OBi200 was out. No calls in or out. Got the "not receiving a response from the service provider" message. Sometimes you have to ride these out and it gets corrected, but still not working today.
Dialed **9-222-222-222 and the echo test passed. Dialed ***1 to get my IP address and find out if DHCP was enabled. The default login is admin, admin. Checked that my firmware was current. I have Google Voice on 2 cell phones and a tablet and it's working ok.
Like others, tried many times to add my device. No go.
Decided to start from scratch, deleted SP1, and did a factory reset. Still no go adding a device after multiple tries on different browsers.
On page 53 of this guide I noticed under System Status, WAN Status that the DNSServer2 was 8.8.8.8. Yeah, I know this is for an Obi202. https://www.obitalk.com/info/documents/admin_guide/OBiDeviceAdminGuide.pdf
And yes this has been mentioned several times on this forum. Under System Management and WAN Settings I set the DNSServer2 to 8.8.8.8, Saved, and Rebooted the Obi200. Went back to my account and tried to add my device. I got the same message but the Google Voice config came up this time and asked me a few questions. My Obi200 magically, or it might have been sheer luck, came back up on my dashboard and my phone is now working.

MB20212

Same issue. New OBI200 device and OBI times out everytime I try to add the device. Tried about 10 times so far, used two browsers with adblock disabled

Note: The site shows a "Soft Phone" under devices, but there is no google voice configuration available.

jholme004

Quote from: cab123 on February 07, 2021, 09:14:56 AM
I tried it at 1:30 am ET, but still no luck with this. Does it make sense to create a different account? Can't believe there isn't a solution.   

You can try, but will be the same "hit or miss". I did try making a new account and then went back to using the old one.  I don't think their issues are at the account level.
-Jason

cab123

After hundreds of attempts, my device was added!! BUT on this specific attempt, I stepped away for a few minutes. When I returned, I saw the congratulations message and the confirmation button. When I clicked to confirm, a message popped up that I had "timed out." UGH! I almost threw my laptop out the window.

Fortunately, about five attempts later, I received another congratulations message.   ;D Hallelujah!

What a nightmare process.

ebf6

... they are now recommending that, as long at you see the "sent to the sever" message during the 180 second count-down period, you can re-enter the same **5 xxxx code again to re-send it.  Do not abort and request a new code, unless the countdown ends in failure.

I have never seen "sent to the server." The **5 phone auto reply will say "sent to the server." Did you mean say, not see?

drgeoff

Quote from: ebf6 on February 08, 2021, 12:35:02 PM
... they are now recommending that, as long at you see the "sent to the sever" message during the 180 second count-down period, you can re-enter the same **5 xxxx code again to re-send it.  Do not abort and request a new code, unless the countdown ends in failure.

I have never seen "sent to the server." The **5 phone auto reply will say "sent to the server." Did you mean say, not see?
From the horse's mouth: https://www.poly.com/us/en/support/knowledge-base/kb-article-page?type=Troubleshooting__kav&lang=en_US&urlName=KB24053&t=All&k=