News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unable to add device OBi 200

Started by maruthi, December 23, 2020, 09:49:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveInWA

Quote from: ebf6 on February 08, 2021, 12:35:02 PM
Quote from: SteveInWA on February 05, 2021, 11:13:30 PM
... they are now recommending that, as long at you see the "sent to the sever" message during the 180 second count-down period, you can re-enter the same **5 xxxx code again to re-send it.  Do not abort and request a new code, unless the countdown ends in failure.

I have never seen "sent to the server." The **5 phone auto reply will say "sent to the server." Did you mean say, not see?

Yes, you'll hear it say that and you will see what is happening on the website.  This is nothing new.  They're just telling you to re-try sending the same 4-digit code (e.g. **5 1234) during the 180 second count-down, vs. canceling and generating a new code.  Only generate a new code if the procedure dies at the end of the count-down without success.

RonLynnwood

Hi everyone!  Just also wanted to chime in about what a PoS the registration is, can't get my device added.

Also, go to "FAQ", then "Troubleshooting", then "Add Device does not work when doing **5 during OBiTALK set-up."

This says

Add Device does not work when doing **5 during OBiTALK set-up.
Please follow the Self-Troubleshooting Guide: http://www.obihai.com/support/troubleshooting/trs1-3

Go to that link.  Some excellent advice there!   ;D

if that Add Device page remained the same, does not change within the span of 180-Secs countdown, with pop-message remained, please re-input the same code again (**5 1234) after 10-Secs to 15-Secs.

If the first 10-Secs to 15-Secs round and page remained, please repeat the same code **5 1234. If that 180-Secs countdown ends with Add Device page unchanged, please wait up to 2-minutes and try Add Device again.

Hmm, speaka da English?  Apparently not.  What is this BS trying to say.  Who knows, probably makes no difference.

JamminJohn

I'm having the same issue.  Got a brand new OBi200 from Amazon.  The echo test works just fine.  When I put in the **5XXXX code, it says, the "code as been sent to the server", but nothing ever happens.  I did this a few minutes ago and during the timeout countdown, I entered the code about 12 times, got the same reply every time, but the device never go added.  If I've just wasted my money on this device, everyone needs to be warned.  Based on what I'm reading on this forum, this device is a SCAM, unless someone can convince me otherwise.

drgeoff

Quote from: JamminJohn on February 12, 2021, 10:54:03 AM
I'm having the same issue.  Got a brand new OBi200 from Amazon.  The echo test works just fine.  When I put in the **5XXXX code, it says, the "code as been sent to the server", but nothing ever happens.  I did this a few minutes ago and during the timeout countdown, I entered the code about 12 times, got the same reply every time, but the device never go added.  If I've just wasted my money on this device, everyone needs to be warned.  Based on what I'm reading on this forum, this device is a SCAM, unless someone can convince me otherwise.
It most definitely is not a scam but until Obihai/Poly finally nail this problem which has arisen within the last year you will probably need to try many, many more times than 12.  :(

randy129

Any guidance relative to finding success during a different/better time of day?

I see from the https://status.obitalk.com/ page that there is an upgrade planned but it's not clear that it will improve the configuration portal issues.

QuoteScheduled Maintenance
System Upgrade
Feb 13, 18:00-20:00 UTC
Hi PDMS-SP Users,

PDMS-SP services will be upgraded to improve performance. During this time, the service may be slightly interrupted. Thank you for your patience.

MrChiGuy

It took me at least 10 tries over a few days before the connection finally worked. I had to wait almost the full timeout period before the final attempt worked. Calling the test number more than once during the timeout period after hearing the message that the code has been sent to the server will make no difference. If it does not work within the timeout, you have to start over with a new code each time. I opened up the recommended ports on my firewall and set my DNS address to 4.2.2.2, but I suspect none of that actually contributed to it working, based on other posts I have seen here. Apparently persistence pays, but it is pretty ridiculous that it does not work the first time every time. Maybe the alleged system upgrade that was posted by another person will help. I have connected to Google Voice and tested sending and receiving FAXes using an analog FAX machine, which was my reason for purchasing the OBi200, and it is working.

randy129

Couldn't be happier to see a system maintenance notice....  :-)

randy129

...and now that the maintenance is complete I was able to add my OBi200...  !!

hi11e1

I WAS LITERALLY ABOUT TO CONGRATULATE YOU BECAUSE I WAS UNABLE TO GET IT TO WORK!!

In the middle of replying I happened to go back to the Add Device page and saw that it FINALLY worked!
After LITERALLY OVER A HUNDRED attempts.

The only difference between the last attempt and all prior attempts was that I registered for this forum--which I HIGHLY DOUBT would have made the difference.

Weird.

garyro

After reading through the forum. I realized the best way to solve my problem was to put the piece of crap back in the box and return it to amazon. Just don't have the time to call the **$## ### hundreds of times.

Manisha

I still can't add device trying since yesterday

3waller

I have been trying for two weeks now with my OBI 202.  Hundreds of attempts, no luck.  This is crazy.

jonbo33

Quote from: maruthi on December 23, 2020, 09:49:15 AM
I am unable to add OBi 200 device. Echo test works fine. I performed factory reset.
After doing the above, I am unable to add device.
There is no phone number to call for help.

I was able to add my Obi200 after some simple settings changes, see post here https://community.linksys.com/t5/Wireless-Routers/FIXED-WRT32X-VOIP-Issues-with-Polycom-Obi200/td-p/1446269

tl;dr Obi200 admin: System Management / WAN Settings: DNSServer1 value 8.8.4.4 (google or whatever); WRT32X Advanced Settings, Local Network Settings - LAN Security: DMZ set to Obi200 IP address;  and checked "Respond to WAN Pings"  Can reset DMZ and Ping settings after added.

clong83

Quote from: jonbo33 on February 21, 2021, 03:48:51 PM

I was able to add my Obi200 after some simple settings changes, see post here https://community.linksys.com/t5/Wireless-Routers/FIXED-WRT32X-VOIP-Issues-with-Polycom-Obi200/td-p/1446269

tl;dr Obi200 admin: System Management / WAN Settings: DNSServer1 value 8.8.4.4 (google or whatever); WRT32X Advanced Settings, Local Network Settings - LAN Security: DMZ set to Obi200 IP address;  and checked "Respond to WAN Pings"  Can reset DMZ and Ping settings after added.

After trying the **5 method a huge number of times and never having any succes, I did this and it worked, first try.  Thank you!

I have a netgear router.  I altered the WAN settings to have the DMZ server point to the ObiBox, and had it respond to pings.  I already have my DNS servers set to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as default, so I am not sure if that is necessary or not.

Ally50

Has anyone found a solution yet? I have been trying for 3 days and still unable to add a device. This began when I decided I wanted to move the OBI200 to a different location using a wifi dongle.  Working fine before. Tried original location and hook up and still no go. Echo test works. Thanks for any help you may provide.

drgeoff

Quote from: Ally50 on March 18, 2021, 09:09:49 AM
Has anyone found a solution yet? I have been trying for 3 days and still unable to add a device. This began when I decided I wanted to move the OBI200 to a different location using a wifi dongle.  Working fine before. Tried original location and hook up and still no go. Echo test works. Thanks for any help you may provide.
There is no need to remove a device from your dashboard when moving it to a different location or network.

Ally50

Except I already moved it and now am unable to add the device to OBI Talk. It never connects to the server.

TFSJ

Quote from: Ally50 on March 18, 2021, 10:36:19 AM
Except I already moved it and now am unable to add the device to OBI Talk. It never connects to the server.

Assuming you have tried adding without the "GV setup" option? I was able to add my new OBI202 after a couple of attempts. It never happened within the 15s the instructions say. I just repeatedly did the **5 till it appeared. Assuming what folks on the forums are saying brute force is your only option. I then ran into a problem getting GV added as a service. No matter what I did it would say offline. Same scenario brute forced it, then got busy and when i came back it all of sudden showed "Connected". Luck of the draw.

Try at least 10 time or till the timeout counter reaches 0. Then if it doesn't work try again later. I was able to add the device around 10PM and 8AM PST. I even removed / added it back 2 times while trying to get GV working.

I did add port forwarding for the OBI ports to my router to no visual change. I was able to add the device both with and without the port forwarding. Not sure about setting up GV. Was going to try connecting the device directly to the modem today if it hadn't started working. Good luck!

ronstory

Anybody had any luck adding a device recently?   I have been trying on and off for 6 hours and no joy. :(