News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Use Two Callcentric Inbound Numbers in same SP Port?

Started by Arizona480, December 23, 2020, 10:40:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arizona480

I use three GV numbers that occupy 3 SP's on my Obi202 and a CallCentric inbound number occupies SP4.

I use the CallCentric for dialing out with GV on my PC, however, not SMS numbers can be tied to a max of two GV numbers which means I cannot use it for my third GV number.

My question is, since that SP4 is registered through my CallCentric account ID, if I purchase a second number with them, can both numbers receive calls on that same port?  This will enable me to dial out with all three GV numbers.

drgeoff

Quote from: Arizona480 on December 23, 2020, 10:40:15 AM
I use three GV numbers that occupy 3 SP's on my Obi202 and a CallCentric inbound number occupies SP4.

I use the CallCentric for dialing out with GV on my PC, however, not SMS numbers can be tied to a max of two GV numbers which means I cannot use it for my third GV number.

My question is, since that SP4 is registered through my CallCentric account ID, if I purchase a second number with them, can both numbers receive calls on that same port?  This will enable me to dial out with all three GV numbers.
The only bit of your post that I understand is the title.  No, you cannot have two SIP accounts on one SP.  However you can set up a Callcentric forwarding or call treatment to unconditionally forward all incoming calls on one of the numbers to the other number.  Then calls to both numbers come to the one SP.

Taoman

Do you really expect someone to understand that sentence?

Quote from: Arizona480My question is, since that SP4 is registered through my CallCentric account ID, if I purchase a second number with them, can both numbers receive calls on that same port? 
Yes. You can have as many DIDs/numbers as you want on the same Callcentric account and have them all ring on SP4 if that's what you want.
Most people would make separate extensions (and SIP credentials) for each number but it certainly isn't required. You can also make separate call treatments based on which number was called. For instance, if you wanted callers to one number routed to the Telemarketer Block or voicemail, etc.

azrobert

My question is, since that SP4 is registered through my CallCentric account ID, if I purchase a second number with them, can both numbers receive calls on that same port?  This will enable me to dial out with all three GV numbers.

Why can't you dial out on all 3 GV numbers and how does 2 Callcentric numbers solve that problem?

Arizona480

Quote from: azrobert on December 23, 2020, 01:22:55 PM

Why can't you dial out on all 3 GV numbers and how does 2 Callcentric numbers solve that problem?

When connecting through your PC (dialing through your address book or returning calls) GV only allows you to have 2 GV accounts share the same number (landline), so I would need a second number for the 3rd GV account to use that "concierge" service.

Arizona480

Quote from: Taoman on December 23, 2020, 01:04:54 PM

Do you really expect someone to understand that sentence?

Quote from: Arizona480My question is, since that SP4 is registered through my CallCentric account ID, if I purchase a second number with them, can both numbers receive calls on that same port?
Yes. You can have as many DIDs/numbers as you want on the same Callcentric account and have them all ring on SP4 if that's what you want.
Most people would make separate extensions (and SIP credentials) for each number but it certainly isn't required. You can also make separate call treatments based on which number was called. For instance, if you wanted callers to one number routed to the Telemarketer Block or voicemail, etc.

I added another inbound number to my Callcentric account, and it worked perfectly!  Thanks!

Yeah, I had some sort of weird error page when I posted, so i didn't even know this thread made it and could not proofread.  What I meant was you can only have a landline number tied with 2 GV accounts max or the numbers can be mobile as long as you don't attach them as mobile (non-SMS).

Taoman

Quote from: Arizona480What I meant was you can only have a landline number tied with 2 GV accounts max or the numbers can be mobile as long as you don't attach them as mobile (non-SMS).

Yeah, after reading your posts about 20 times I finally figured out what was going on. Given your apparent needs it looks like you came up with a good solution.

Arizona480

Quote from: Taoman on December 24, 2020, 02:37:08 PM
Quote from: Arizona480What I meant was you can only have a landline number tied with 2 GV accounts max or the numbers can be mobile as long as you don't attach them as mobile (non-SMS).

Yeah, after reading your posts about 20 times I finally figured out what was going on. Given your apparent needs it looks like you came up with a good solution.

I do appreciate the perseverance! 

The downside of using the CallCentric numbers to connect the GV's calls is I have two more numbers to get Scam & Spam on, I was poking around CC to see if I could block all incoming calls except for my GV numbers to use for the connecting.  Has anyone seen a way to do that?

azrobert

If you want to initiate a call from a computer and then use your OBi handset, you can accomplish this by using a softphone on your computer. You would copy and paste the number into an SIP softphone and then call the OBi over your local network. No DID required. You need to know how to use OBi expert. Do you have a Windows computer?
See:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=12002.0

The discussion after the 1st post is for keeping the normal function of the AA. You can ignore it if you're not using the AA.

Arizona480

Quote from: azrobert on December 25, 2020, 09:36:59 AM
If you want to initiate a call from a computer and then use your OBi handset, you can accomplish this by using a softphone on your computer. You would copy and paste the number into an SIP softphone and then call the OBi over your local network. No DID required. You need to know how to use OBi expert. Do you have a Windows computer?
See:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=12002.0

The discussion after the 1st post is for keeping the normal function of the AA. You can ignore it if you're not using the AA.

Yes, Windows 10.  Excellent, I will give that a shot!  Thank you!

azrobert

The softphone must be able to call without registration.
I use Phonerlite.
http://phonerlite.de/download_en.htm

You can still have SP4 registered to Callcentric.
Use this for the inbound route:
{1234567:aa($2)},{ph}

I don't own an OBi202, so I don't know if any changes to the router config is required for access. Enter the IP address of the OBi202 into a browser. If you reach the OBi202 then this should work. If you have problems, you can run the OBi202 in Bridge mode.

If you're interested, this setup probably can be modified to work with all 3 GV accounts.